Join for free
Page 600 of 737 « First < 100 500 550 590 598 599 600 601 602 610 650 700 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 11:06 PM

Re: Things that annoy you!

People who live in cloud cuckoo land !
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Excellent advice!

Thanks Tabby.
It really works too.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree and wrote the same about a month back.
It is the constant drip feeding of statistics, death, and illness that is encouraging lonely people in lockdown to suffer depression, because thoughts nourish our minds just as food nourishes the body.
Constant bad thoughts, = unhealthy minds.

I said before that if/when this is all over, it will leave another epidemic in it's place - mental health problems.

Do something you enjoy every single day and stop listening, reading, and talking non-stop about death.
There is actually a self-help psychological exercise that does help those going though a difficult time with negativity. That is to go for one, two or three whole days without a negative thought, each time that fails and you get a negative thought then you start over again. If you can keep a positive mind for any length of time that then 'feeds' on itself and can work wonders.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
There is actually a self-help psychological exercise that does help those going though a difficult time with negativity. That is to go for one, two or three whole days without a negative thought, each time that fails and you get a negative thought then you start over again. If you can keep a positive mind for any length of time that then 'feeds' on itself and can work wonders.
I am sure it does help Baz, but many people are not able to deal with it when they are alone.

Quite apart from those people, many of us feel that they are attempting to brainwash us all, with comments like:-

a) It could take years to find a vaccine.
b) Life will never be the same , even after the virus has gone.
c) There is a chance that, even if you have had the virus once, the antibodies may not remain in your system.

Many religions used fear of the unknown to control their followers & I suspect all governments are trying to do the same! I am already hearing that bicycle lanes are being extended, so cars will not be the best option for travel.

Brainwashing is a better way to control what people do, and social media has seriously contributed to people being brainwashed, without them even noticing.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 09:23 AM

A typical non-story in the DM this week.

After telling us that 15 million people were expected to travel to beauty spots this weekend, they are now saying - 'Traffic across the UK was up just three per cent on last Saturday as the 15 million day trippers expected to go out largely stayed at home despite being told by the government that they were allowed to travel further afield.'

Why do they do this? Why can't they report on what actually happens rather than what might happen? It just makes the paper look stupid.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

After telling us that 15 million people were expected to travel to beauty spots this weekend, they are now saying - 'Traffic across the UK was up just three per cent on last Saturday as the 15 million day trippers expected to go out largely stayed at home despite being told by the government that they were allowed to travel further afield.'

Why do they do this? Why can't they report on what actually happens rather than what might happen? It just makes the paper look stupid.
Maybe because they are desperate to find something to write about!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Sounds good, Baz! I am a big believer in the power of positive thought.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Brainwashing is a better way to control what people do, and social media has seriously contributed to people being brainwashed, without them even noticing.
Exactly. Look at the left-wing school teachers and even academics in tertiary education.

They know exactly where to spread their political ideals: naive young minds. I find it disgusting.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Sounds good, Baz! I am a big believer in the power of positive thought.
....Nuff said Tabby....I've had to rely on it a few times in my life to get me through some tricky spots....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

What was once a respected newspaper, the Daily Mail has really sunk so low now. Not only atrocious spelling and grammar, but also inept and exaggerated reporting.

As for the expected sudden increase in travelling, I believe that can be explained by the fact that the sensible majority outnumber the irresponsible fools.

We've all heard about the great unwashed going out into parks and the streets and congregating just to show that they know better than the authorities. Fortunately, they are heavily outnumbered by the rest of us - mostly older and sensible people - who prefer not to rush into things.
Despite the relaxed rules, Marge and I rarely go out apart from Marge shopping and visiting her aged mother and keeping a respectable distance. She won't let me go out as I am more prone to the effects of Covid, not that I mind!

Page 600 of 737 « First < 100 500 550 590 598 599 600 601 602 610 650 700 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top