Join for free
Page 611 of 737 « First < 111 511 561 601 609 610 611 612 613 621 661 711 > Last »
Swannie148
Sydney, Australia
Swannie148 is male 

09-06-2020, 09:34 PM

Re: Things that annoy you!

School kids dumping rubbish on your front lawn.. yelling and generally being a nuisance when they come into my street to get into their cars.

Here in Oz we have white cockatoos.. one of many varieties of native parrots. They have to be the noisiest bird on the planet. Several times a day a swarm of them will congregate in and around a large gum tree near my house. The cacaphony is deafening and spooks my dogs.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 03:47 PM

You got a high-powered water gun you can shoot at them Swannie? They might get the message and bog off.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 09:20 AM

A question on The Chase, so googled it.

What film received complaint forty+years after release.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23270980

Flabbergasted

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->

Flabbergasted

I saw that myself, Cinders But I must confess I thought they were complaints made at the time, not 40 years later?

They said it was 'encouraging children to play on railway lines' didn't they.

When you think of the non-stop murder and voilence in films (mostly American films) on the box every single night now - yet not a word is said!
I think some people have got their priorities all wrong.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->

Flabbergasted

I can't believe that there are such sad people who must go to great lengths to find even the slightest conceivable problem with anything!

I imagine that they live such boring little lives that the only thing they can find to do is to examine anything and everything with a fine-toothed comb trying to nit-pick anything they can find just so they can feel the pleasure of complaining about it.

Before I read the article I naturally thought, 'well, it must be the BLM snowflakes' and wondered what on earth they could find offensive. Perhaps the fact that there wasn't a single black face to be seen anywhere in the film?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I can't believe that there are such sad people who must go to great lengths to find even the slightest conceivable problem with anything!

I imagine that they live such boring little lives that the only thing they can find to do is to examine anything and everything with a fine-toothed comb trying to nit-pick anything they can find just so they can feel the pleasure of complaining about it.

Before I read the article I naturally thought, 'well, it must be the BLM snowflakes' and wondered what on earth they could find offensive. Perhaps the fact that there wasn't a single black face to be seen anywhere in the film?

Except the 'fireman' (Oops sorry 'Fireperson') JB.....

ie. 'Fireperson'..........somebody who chucks coal on the fire and then leans out of the window watching the world go by.....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
[/B]

Except the 'fireman' (Oops sorry 'Fireperson') JB.....

ie. 'Fireperson'..........somebody who chucks coal on the fire and then leans out of the window watching the world go by.....
Was he black?

Or was it just the dirt and grime?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Was he black?

Or was it just the dirt and grime?
Just the soot JB.....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Just the soot JB.....
That Sooty was a racist b*****d too.

Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 01:23 PM

Let's not go there, JBR, agree that a classic film from a delightful children's book can have any objectionable content.

The Oxford Dictionary of National Biography credits Oswald Barron, who had a deep affection for Nesbit, with having provided the plot. The setting is thought to be inspired by Edith's walks to Chelsfield railway station close to where she lived, and her observing the construction of the railway cutting and tunnel between Chelsfield and Knockholt.
Wikipedia

Page 611 of 737 « First < 111 511 561 601 609 610 611 612 613 621 661 711 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top