Join for free
Page 660 of 737 « First < 160 560 610 650 658 659 660 661 662 670 710 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2020, 01:25 PM

Re: Things that annoy you!

A bright day with only white clouds and a fair bit of blue in the sky. Even sunshine. So I thought, right, I'll get up on the conservatory and paint some Flexacryl in the gutters. I do that every year around this time.

Got changed into my 'bag of shit tied up in the middle' outfit, got the ladders out, and got all the bits and pieces ready. I climbed up the ladder for an initial look and...
rain spitting on my head. I looked up to see the clouds had turned grey, the sun had gone in and the rain starting to become heavier. God's timing is impeccable.

Got down, put everything away (but left the ladder out) and changed into my 'not-quite-so untidy' outfit. At that point, it started bucketing down.

Typical. Sunshine, of course, is no indication of fine weather.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2020, 02:03 PM

Businesses that I ring who only have automated replies.

After going through about 50 options and ' Press button so-and-so . . . ' I then get told . . . "Due to the unprecented number of calls, our phone lines are closed."
The robotic voice then tells you to look at their website for answers.

Two hours later, and after trawling through pages and pages of questions, you find not one of them is relevant to your question . . . Grrr!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2020, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
A bright day with only white clouds and a fair bit of blue in the sky. Even sunshine. So I thought, right, I'll get up on the conservatory and paint some Flexacryl in the gutters. I do that every year around this time.

Got changed into my 'bag of shit tied up in the middle' outfit, got the ladders out, and got all the bits and pieces ready. I climbed up the ladder for an initial look and...
rain spitting on my head. I looked up to see the clouds had turned grey, the sun had gone in and the rain starting to become heavier. God's timing is impeccable.

Got down, put everything away (but left the ladder out) and changed into my 'not-quite-so untidy' outfit. At that point, it started bucketing down.

Poor you JBR! Don't worry I doubt that the weather singled you out. I suspect it has done the same to all of us a few times!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2020, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Poor you JBR! Don't worry I doubt that the weather singled you out. I suspect it has done the same to all of us a few times!
Thanks, Twinkle.

It's just one of those things you become used to.
I religiously say my prayers every day too, and that's how I'm rewarded.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2020, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Woofers? aren't they on Strictly at the moment.
and on tweeter.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2020, 02:33 PM

I had a similar day last week dodging downpours whilst trying to cut skirting boards. I managed to finish but the next day was lovely dry weather.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

06-10-2020, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Businesses that I ring who only have automated replies.

After going through about 50 options and ' Press button so-and-so . . . ' I then get told . . . "Due to the unprecented number of calls, our phone lines are closed."
The robotic voice then tells you to look at their website for answers.

Two hours later, and after trawling through pages and pages of questions, you find not one of them is relevant to your question . . . Grrr!
I don't think I have ever found the answer to a question on a website. Normally, I have already dismissed the questions and answers they give and any questions that make them seem bad, they don't display of course.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2020, 02:35 PM

Thanks, Twinkle.

It's just one of those things you become used to.
I religiously say my prayers every day too, and that's how I'm rewarded.
You should worry, at the moment it is raining here & the back door is wide open because Mr Grey doesn't want me to close it!
I am trying to avoid further damage to his leg ( with arthritis or rheumatism) but he wants to look out on the garden.... so my feet are frozen when I sit in my study!
He sleeps in my study every night & stays there till he has been given breakfast.... so I suppose he now considers the back hall & my study to be his territory.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

06-10-2020, 02:37 PM

You should worry, at the moment it is raining here & the back door is wide open because Mr Grey doesn't want me to close it!
I am trying to avoid further damage to his leg ( with arthritis or rheumatism) but he wants to look out on the garden.... so my feet are frozen when I sit in my study!
He sleeps in my study every night & stays there till he has been given breakfast.... so I suppose he now considers the back hall & my study to be his territory.
It's amazing the things we have to put up with because of our pets. I normally end up sitting on the floor because all the seats are taken.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

06-10-2020, 02:43 PM

Oh, I thought for a moment there that Mr Grey must be your husband, Mrs Grey! Then I remembered!

You're doing a grand job there with your adopted cat, Twinkle.

Anyone who likes cats and is prepared to give all they can to help them is OK by me.

Page 660 of 737 « First < 160 560 610 650 658 659 660 661 662 670 710 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top