Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 11:11 PM

Embarassing 1970's photos

All those bad fashions, big lapels, long hair

I will start......this was at my Brothers wedding so I look quite smart for a change

Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 11:21 PM

Re: Embarassing 1970's photos

Groovy man.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 11:22 PM

Very groovy.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Groovy man.
The hair was handy as it hid my big lugs
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
The hair was handy as it hid my big lugs
I’m diggin’ it, man.
DWebb
North East, UK

03-10-2018, 11:40 PM

I’m diggin’ it, man.
ha ha ha
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

03-10-2018, 11:41 PM

Our 1970 photos looked just like that. My two brothers had coloured blazers with matching bell bottoms. It’s like a blast from the past and a be very enjoyable era.
DWebb
North East, UK

03-10-2018, 11:43 PM

Our 1970 photos looked just like that. My two brothers had coloured blazers with matching bell bottoms. It’s like a blast from the past and a be very enjoyable era.
It is weird I remember that day quite well and yet it is so long ago now, fashion is strange though the way we all think we look OK at a particular time....
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

03-10-2018, 11:53 PM

Absolutely. Then there were platforms, big wide ties, frizzy hair and afros.
We DID look cool back then yes fashions change and what was the latest trend becomes passé and laughable decades later.

That’s whats so wonderful about looking at photos is you do go right back to the time the photo was taken and all those feelings and emotions come right back from that day. Or at least they do for me.

Here in Canada it’s Thanksgiving this weekend and I’m making the dinner for 3 generations of family members and I’ve asked that we all look through old photos.
My parents are almost 84 and 89 so I want to take pictures, look at pictures and create as many loving memories as possible.

Sorry if this is considered hijacking your thread.
I’ll stop now.
DWebb
North East, UK

03-10-2018, 11:57 PM

Absolutely. Then there were platforms, big wide ties, frizzy hair and afros.
We DID look cool back then yes fashions change and what was the latest trend becomes passé and laughable decades later.

That’s whats so wonderful about looking at photos is you do go right back to the time the photo was taken and all those feelings and emotions come right back from that day. Or at least they do for me.

Here in Canada it’s Thanksgiving this weekend and I’m making the dinner for 3 generations of family and I’ve asked that we all look through old photos.
My parents are almost 84 and 89 so I want to take pictures, look at pictures and create as many loving memories as possible.

Sorry if this is considered hijacking your thread.
I’ll stop now.
Oh God hijack away! one thing I am not is precious about threads, the meander and go off at tangents and sometimes come back on subject and sometimes not

That should be nice anyway looking at the old photos and yes get the pictures and as many memories as you can while you can!

Have a great Weekend anyway!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top