Join for free
Page 13 of 21 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2019, 10:25 AM

Re: Boris climbs down.

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Good heavens, how things change.

Eighty years ago, your countrymen and mine were not so defeatist, and thank God for that. We'd have been subjugated by the Fourth Reich, and Australia by Japan.

Yes, we can leave the EU.

It will require the will of the people to be accepted and that will happen at the next general election, whenever that eventually comes.

Alongside that will come the wailing and gnashing of teeth of the traitors in our midst.

Then, some years later, the EU experiment will come crumbling into pieces as other countries see that they can obtain their freedom.
Well said. I have said many, many times, we have suffered far worse times than this and come out the stronger and we will again come what may. As Winnie said "We will never surrender"
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2019, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
Well said. I have said many, many times, we have suffered far worse times than this and come out the stronger and we will again come what may. As Winnie said "We will never surrender"
What you say is all true BB! But l am beginning to doubt
the never surrender bit?
Seems like our younger generations have lost something
along the way? They seem over focussed on how easy and
convenient a thing is not on the end result?
It looks like we are in for the long haul due to all the shyte
being dreamed up by the MINORITY on the remain side!
Who are now making, and breaking laws as they see fit in
their grab for power??
Lets see if the legal system is now up to the task? Or will
they also turn out to be just another prop of the status quo??

Regards Donkeyman!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2019, 11:17 AM

This is so true. When did this country become so defeatist? It appears that with each new generation we have now reached the point where we have become more cowed, more frightened of standing on our own feet, totally dependent on Mummy EU to make every decision for us, where we follow every command slavishly with such subjucation.

Its no wonder many Remain supporters take the mickey out of "the Old"
with names such as "Little Englanders" and other ageist comments at those of us who voted to leave. No disrespect to younger Leave supporters, but it is the Baby Boomers and older generation who can remember what it was for this to once be a proud and free country to live in, beholding to no-one. At the very least we have what Remainers now have very little knowledge of and always laugh at - BACKBONE.

One would have to be blind to not see how our society is at the moment. Every facet that we once took for granted is bursting at the seams, housing, education, NHS, Social Care. The country is in a mess! what good has come from being part of the EU when Billions of pounds are having to be paid to them for yet more countries to join and have their infrastructure improved at the cost to our own people. Why are people so blind at seeing what those same billions of pounds could do for our own. I just cannot understand their thinking!
Is the thought of free, unrestricted summer holidays so much more important to them then the welfare of their own citizens! Obviously, yes.

Frankly, I despair at how unimportant Remainers feel about their country being handed over on a plate with the swish of a pen. I know your eyes will roll when once again I say, think of the many hundreds of thousands of lives that were wasted in 2 world wars for freedoms that you are now so unconcerned and blaise about. I don't want to hear about the EU stopping wars from happening. This island has never been under the rule of tyrants in hundreds of years, and a heavy price in lost lives has been paid for that honour and privilege, yet we have those in this country, happy and willing to just sign us away to an unelected, undemocratic, autocratic and unfortunately but true, corrupt organisation, where the ordinary person has absolutely no say or even redress in how their lives are ruled, and by whom.

No doubt, young Remainers and vile people such as Polly Toynbee of the Guardian rag feel they have the right to comment that ''the sooner we oldies die, the better for the country'' because of Brexit. I will oblige them when my time comes, but I still say while I can, If Remainers succeed in us remaining when we voted to leave, they will one day regret bitterly that decision. Be it on their heads.

Tirade over. Do your worst, I'm the one behind the sofa with tin helmet on and one of my grandson's pea shooters.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2019, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
This is so true. When did this country become so defeatist? It appears that with each new generation we have now reached the point where we have become more cowed, more frightened of standing on our own feet, totally dependent on Mummy EU to make every decision for us, where we follow every command slavishly with such subjucation.

Its no wonder many Remain supporters take the mickey out of "the Old"
with names such as "Little Englanders" and other ageist comments at those of us who voted to leave. No disrespect to younger Leave supporters, but it is the Baby Boomers and older generation who can remember what it was for this to once be a proud and free country to live in, beholding to no-one. At the very least we have what Remainers now have very little knowledge of and always laugh at - BACKBONE.

One would have to be blind to not see how our society is at the moment. Every facet that we once took for granted is bursting at the seams, housing, education, NHS, Social Care. The country is in a mess! what good has come from being part of the EU when Billions of pounds are having to be paid to them for yet more countries to join and have their infrastructure improved at the cost to our own people. Why are people so blind at seeing what those same billions of pounds could do for our own. I just cannot understand their thinking!
Is the thought of free, unrestricted summer holidays so much more important to them then the welfare of their own citizens! Obviously, yes.

Frankly, I despair at how unimportant Remainers feel about their country being handed over on a plate with the swish of a pen. I know your eyes will roll when once again I say, think of the many hundreds of thousands of lives that were wasted in 2 world wars for freedoms that you are now so unconcerned and blaise about. I don't want to hear about the EU stopping wars from happening. This island has never been under the rule of tyrants in hundreds of years, and a heavy price in lost lives has been paid for that honour and privilege, yet we have those in this country, happy and willing to just sign us away to an unelected, undemocratic, autocratic and unfortunately but true, corrupt organisation, where the ordinary person has absolutely no say or even redress in how their lives are ruled, and by whom.

No doubt, young Remainers and vile people such as Polly Toynbee of the Guardian rag feel they have the right to comment that ''the sooner we oldies die, the better for the country'' because of Brexit. I will oblige them when my time comes, but I still say while I can, If Remainers succeed in us remaining when we voted to leave, they will one day regret bitterly that decision. Be it on their heads.

Tirade over. Do your worst, I'm the one behind the sofa with tin helmet on and one of my grandson's pea shooter.

If we don't leave, there should be a run on the German Banks.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2019, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Is it starting to dawn on the population that Brexit is a pipe dream? It will never happen in any meaningful way will it? The Clown Prince is just that.

All this bickering is pointless, it ain't going to happen, is it? Isn't a General Election just rearranging the deck chairs?

I am sure the world will watch with interest, better than anything on TV. Three years have passed and Britain is no closer to leaving.

Perhaps a more Realistic scheme to leave the EU would be to become the 51st State of the United States of America and really join the big boys. It would make a change from being the 28th state of the United States of Europe.

You seem to have missed something Brucy?
What is going on now is a battle to preserve democracy
We were given a vote and a promise that that vote would
be honoured!
We voted, all of parliament signed to expadite the vote!
We are now here!
The minority, who just happen to be the wealthy and powerful
section of society and of course the honourable opposition
decided to overturn the popular vote for reasons of their own!
You are now witnessing the shyte they are throwing up to
overthrow the democratic vote!
If you believe its not worth the trouble to fight for then l
hope Aussie never has to go through anything similar as if
other aussies are the same as you, you would surrender at
first shot?

Regards Donkeyman!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2019, 12:55 PM

If there is any good to come out of the crass, wrongly-named “stop-the-coup’’ traitors to democracy presently underway with the Remain MP’s. it’s this:

We, in the rest of the country, have had to watch angrily as a few thousand obsessive anti-Brexit urban elites have marched through the streets to accuse Boris of behaving like a dictator because he suspended Parliament for just a few extra days than normal.
I’m pretty convinced we must all have heard the accusations that they were spitting out? ‘Coup d’etat’ was mentioned on our screens and in the papers time and time again. Yet now Boris, ‘the dictator’ is offering the people a General Election, and those same accusers have responded by saying “we don’t want one’’ !!!????

As I say, we have watched them marching, with shouts and placards showing slogans as ‘’Britain is a dictatorship’’ and ‘’Boris has stolen our democracy’’. What a load of crap!
When did you last hear of a dictator repeatedly asking for a General Election?
The only dictatorship that is going on is that of those would-be Generals and undemocratic Remainer elites thinking it is they that should be running Parliament because they know it is the only way left for them to destroy Brexit. They have admitted it openly. They WILL stop Brexit.

But, THE WHOLE COUNTRY can clearly see that every single opposition party member is running scared from the idea of a General Election. The whole cretinous lot of opposition have made the excuse they will not back one until No Deal is legally taken off the table, and then, when they thought that Boris could work around that ploy, it was the next pathetic excuse to refuse it because ‘’an election on Boris’s terms would be a trap for Labour, LimpDems and the other parties”
Not for the first time have we heard “we have Boris trapped in a corner and we will destroy him’’.

Remind me again about just who is the dictatorship?’’.

So, they have now made this a ‘Parliament vs People battle. They are basically telling us that the political establishment elite, being the only rational and wise people, must take over and oversee Brexit to its conclusion. They are saying that they can’t ask us ordinary people for our opinions, because some of us ghastly plebs passionately support Brexit, with many of us in favour of a No-Deal. To the elite, the referendum was the cause of this damned democracy malarky that got us into this mess in the first place, so the longer they can put off another vote in a general election, the better.

It’s so obvious that they don’t want an election for two reasons that I, along with millions of others, can think of.
First, they want to destroy Brexit. And by taking over Parliament, they believe they can do just that. And Second, because they fear the judgement of the people over their disgraceful, dishonest and undemocratic antics. Not just now in the House of Commons, but over the last three years when they reneged on their vote to uphold the result and Leave when we should have, and every attacking move they have carried out since.

Mind you, they have every right to fear a GE. The people who were perhaps in two minds over Brexit have now seen for themselves what a traitorous political elite they have ever had the misfortune to witness, in action.

Have no fear though. If Boris can just get the general election that he is entitled to ask for to let the people choose, (the longer the cretins keep turning it down, the more they are seen as the cowards they are). the would-be Generals will soon see for themselves how the rest of the country will definitely view them -that of a very sorry looking lot of bitter, elitist losers.

Feeling better now that's off my chest.
Time for another cuppa methinks.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2019, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
You seem to have missed something Brucy?
What is going on now is a battle to preserve democracy
We were given a vote and a promise that that vote would
be honoured!
We voted, all of parliament signed to expadite the vote!
We are now here!
The minority, who just happen to be the wealthy and powerful
section of society and of course the honourable opposition
decided to overturn the popular vote for reasons of their own!
You are now witnessing the shyte they are throwing up to
overthrow the democratic vote!
If you believe its not worth the trouble to fight for then l
hope Aussie never has to go through anything similar as if
other aussies are the same as you, you would surrender at
first shot?

Regards Donkeyman!

Donkyman, you're all becoming a bit bonkers at old age. It is not a battle to leave the EU. All it took was an envelope and a stamp to send a lettre to brussels, ending your membership. A little like stopping your insurance or energy company. You didn't need to draw sabres.
Just like an insurance you had to pay for remaining months and for previous commitments.
Just like a bikkering married couple your house of commons (full of men) couldn't agree with woman may. On such funny things your country has made comedy series. Brexit is not a battle, unless you compare yourself with dad's army, but for europeans it is one of your best comedy series. No script, but what a fun!
Beer and chips and bbc news on the telly. Enjoy.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

07-09-2019, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Donkyman, you're all becoming a bit bonkers at old age. It is not a battle to leave the EU. All it took was an envelope and a stamp to send a lettre to brussels, ending your membership. A little like stopping your insurance or energy company. You didn't need to draw sabres.
Just like an insurance you had to pay for remaining months and for previous commitments.
Just like a bikkering married couple your house of commons (full of men) couldn't agree with woman may. On such funny things your country has made comedy series. Brexit is not a battle, unless you compare yourself with dad's army, but for europeans it is one of your best comedy series. No script, but what a fun!
Solly, it's amazing how flippant and easy you make it sound, when you know it has been all along, collusion between your masters and our own elite political establishment that has caused everything that has happened in the UK.
I won't even go into the rehashing of everything that has transpired since the day we voted to leave in 2016. You know as well as we know, exactly what has been going on.
Comedy it may well be to you. I wonder if you will find it as comical when the EU itself implodes? It is already in dire financial trouble. It won't be too long now. Look towards your biggest net contributor, Germany, Banks in trouble, carmakers in despair. Once they go, your beloved club is finished. but do keep laughing though, by all means.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2019, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Solly, it's amazing how flippant and easy you make it sound, when you know it has been all along, collusion between your masters and our own elite political establishment that has caused everything that has happened in the UK.
I won't even go into the rehashing of everything that has transpired since the day we voted to leave in 2016. You know as well as we know, exactly what has been going on.
Comedy it may well be to you. I wonder if you will find it as comical when the EU itself implodes? It is already in dire financial trouble. It won't be too long now. Keep Laughing though, by all means.
The comedy parts are all happening in the UK. In brussels dull conversations took place between accountants, summing up the things you had signed up for on credit, and on leaving had to pay cash.
That's why I call those comparing it with battles a bit loose in the head.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2019, 01:26 PM

I believe that as long as the majority of the populace feel strongly about our politicians contravening the democracy that we have enjoyed for so long, we shall eventually leave the EU one way or another.

If, for some reason, we do not I shall at least be able to laugh at the traitors in our midst, especially the young snowflakes who 'know it all' and pour scorn on us older people who have the big advantage of experience.

The reason is that, one day, they will come to realise that they no longer have any say in what happens to them, any more than the people in China, Venezuela or any tin-pot African country.

That will certainly give them something to whinge about and, if I'm still alive, I shall laugh my head off!

Am I being nasty?

Page 13 of 21 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top