Join for free
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2011, 01:56 PM

Flu jabs

Anyone else received notification of this years flu jabs?
We received our letter this morning and have booked our appointment for 6th October.

The H1N1 Swine Flu Virus has been included in this year's vaccine, as it was last year.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2011, 02:05 PM

Re: Flu jabs

Yes, Mum received hers, also booked for 6th October. They also state on the letter that carers can receive it too. When I booked Mum's appt. I mentioned if it was applicable to me and she said I should have received a letter too, but I haven't.

Anyway, if I remember correctly, it only costs around £11/12?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2011, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Berxer ->
Yes, Mum received hers, also booked for 6th October. They also state on the letter that carers can receive it too. When I booked Mum's appt. I mentioned if it was applicable to me and she said I should have received a letter too, but I haven't.

Anyway, if I remember correctly, it only costs around £11/12?
I was my Dad's carer when I was in my late 40's, I was give a free flu jab at the same time as dad. Did you mention that you were your Mum's carer?

The letter states: "If you have a carer, paid or unpaid, they can ask their own GP for a FREE flu vaccination."

I suggest you give your doctors surgery a call, telling them you are a carer, Berxer .....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2011, 02:35 PM

Mags I am not yet 65 so not eligible.

I am going to book to have the vaccination with Boots, it is only £12.99 and money well spent I think.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2011, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I was my Dad's carer when I was in my late 40's, I was give a free flu jab at the same time as dad. Did you mention that you were your Mum's carer?

The letter states: "If you have a carer, paid or unpaid, they can ask their own GP for a FREE flu vaccination."

I suggest you give your doctors surgery a call, telling them you are a carer, Berxer .....
Yes, I did mention that I was a carer and am also registered as a carer too. Receptionist said she'd look into it for me, as I should have received a letter for myself.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

21-09-2011, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Berxer ->
Yes, I did mention that I was a carer and am also registered as a carer too. Receptionist said she'd look into it for me, as I should have received a letter for myself.
Ah, I see I suppose they are a bit stricter these days. I just had to make an appointment each year and say I was a carer and I was booked in for it, no letter or anything.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2011, 03:51 PM

I never get the flu jab. Terrified of needles, rely on herd immunity!
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2011, 05:25 PM

Now I have COPD I have the flu jab every year, that is the last thing I want to catch. Got my card this morning, it doesn't say anything about a carer or whether it contains the H1N1 Swine flu virus or not. It did last year. I am usually in and out within three minutes, they have got the system off to a fine art.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2011, 07:06 PM

Me and her indoors were quick off the mark. We get ours together on Oct 1. I'm not a lover of needles either, but our nurse is lovely, so I'll be a hero for once.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2011, 07:43 PM

It's free over here to the over 60's. I never got it. but know lots of people who did and still got the 'flu.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top