Join for free
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2011, 06:45 PM

Re: Flu jabs

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I think many people mistake a respiration tract infection or cold for flu. I would say the old saying is a good indication of what illness you actually have...
'if you see a £20 note on the floor and can pick it up you have a cold, if you have flu you can't be bothered and leave it where it is.'
That would certainly wheedle out the imposters, Meg
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2011, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I think many people mistake a respiration tract infection or cold for flu. I would say the old saying is a good indication of what illness you actually have...
'if you see a £20 note on the floor and can pick it up you have a cold, if you have flu you can't be bothered and leave it where it is.'

Meg darlin' I can't pick up a £20.. note off the floor even on a 'good' day - no way can I get down to do that - my metal hips and knees don't bend that far!!!
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2011, 11:12 AM

I was only thinking the other day that I have not heard anything about the flu jabs for this year.
With have asthma will give them another couple of days and then get in touch i think
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2011, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
I was only thinking the other day that I have not heard anything about the flu jabs for this year.
With have asthma will give them another couple of days and then get in touch i think
Shirley, I think all the letters for those who qualify for the jab are being sent out by 1st October ....... so you will probably receive yours sometime next week.
aitch
Wigan
aitch is male  aitch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2011, 07:52 PM

We start our jabs on the 4th OCT, with us its just a matter of turning up, giving your name and await your turn I also had a jab for pneumonia, first when I turned 60, then another at 70, now they tell me I shouldn't need another, (I wonder if they are trying to tell me something), anyone who feels at risk can have the Jab if they pay, at our surgery its £10, my daughter and son in law both have this with working in retail, and in the 13 years I have been having the injections, I have never had as much as a cold.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2011, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Meg darlin' I can't pick up a £20.. note off the floor even on a 'good' day - no way can I get down to do that - my metal hips and knees don't bend that far!!!
Joe, do you have one of those picker-upper thingys? A friend of mine had one before she had her hip replacement; she couldn't bend down comfortably either .....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

27-09-2011, 08:28 PM

duplicate ......
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

27-09-2011, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Joe, do you have one of those picker-upper thingys? A friend of mine had one before she had her hip replacement; she couldn't bend down comfortably either .....
You can also get 'thingies' to help you put your socks on, Uncle Joe.....
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2011, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
You can also get 'thingies' to help you put your socks on, Uncle Joe.....
My Mum was given one of those 'thingies' when she left hospital.......she doesn't use it......I do, when I can't reach something on top of a cupboard
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2011, 11:39 PM

Hey, sorry to say "thingies", but don't know the proper name for the long-handled grabber... anyone???????

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top