Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 01:05 PM

Re: COVID-19: Johnson says lockdown, not vaccine, is reason for drop in cases and deaths

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Of course that is true, less than half the population has been vaccinated with one dose, vaccines take some time to become effective and herd immunity achieved (UK is nowhere near that stage), lockdowns are proven to work, UK has been in lockdown for three months(?), the vaccine program only started a few weeks before.

Much as I hate to agree with the Clown Prince the comparison was valid and the data supports this.

Look at the daily cases graph for the UK from 8th January when the highest point was reached the drop in cases has been initially rapid, typical of a lockdown, then the rate of descent has gradually tapered off again in line with other lockdown graphs. If the vaccination program had made a difference you would expect the graph to decrease rapidly in line with the increasing tempo of vaccination but instead it is steady and flattening.

If you were brave you could attribute that tiny drop just near the end of the graph to the vaccination program but otherwise the data supports what Boris says.

I have heard experts say that there is a long way to go before the global vaccination program starts to have an effect on daily case numbers.
Of course, you are free to believe BJ .....

..... but he is a notorious liar .....
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 02:10 PM

Re: COVID-19: Johnson says lockdown, not vaccine, is reason for drop in cases and deaths

Originally Posted by mart ->
He could be right. The test of the vaccine will come only as lockdown is eased ..but I think it will be the un-vaccinated population that is likely to get ill and put Covid figures up, rather than those who have had their jabs.
I agree it is too early for the vaccine to have made much impact on the figures. After all much of the population are only getting their first jab now.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
He could be right. The test of the vaccine will come only as lockdown is eased ..but I think it will be the un-vaccinated population that is likely to get ill and put Covid figures up, rather than those who have had their jabs.
Everyone, even the vaccinated will still get ill Mart, but having being vaccinated there will be less chance of it turning into something serious. It makes no difference whether you've been vaccinated or not, the chances of catching Covid 19 and passing it on are the same.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
I agree it is too early for the vaccine to have made much impact on the figures. After all much of the population are only getting their first jab now.
If the vaccine is doing its job scot, we should see a marked decrease in hospitalisations and deaths, but not necessarily a drop in infection rates, especially once winter approaches once we start congregating indoors.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

15-04-2021, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->

I think you might just be a teeny weeny bit biased Omah...
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
If the vaccine is doing its job scot, we should see a marked decrease in hospitalisations and deaths, but not necessarily a drop in infection rates, especially once winter approaches once we start congregating indoors.
Inddeed ..... and that's what's happening .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

15-04-2021, 02:59 PM

Everyone, even the vaccinated will still get ill * Mart, but having being vaccinated there will be less chance of it turning into something serious. It makes no difference whether you've been vaccinated or not, the chances of catching Covid 19 and passing it on are the same **.
* ** Some reckless statements there .....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 03:07 PM

I think you might just be a teeny weeny bit biased Omah...
Well he did lie about Brexit.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

15-04-2021, 03:09 PM

* ** Some reckless statements there .....
You've been listening the sales pitch to get everyone to have the vaccine Omah, I think I might be able to sell you a new motor....
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 03:15 PM

There is a video going around (viral, been viewed 10 million times, apparently) which basically "outs" Boris's lies he made to parliament. The guy has facts disproving everything Boris says. Now I'm not a fan of any political party right now, but surely this must undermine the publics confidence?
https://www.independent.co.uk/climat...-b1830732.html

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top