Join for free
Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 04:24 PM

Re: Hopi Ear Candling

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Don't waste your time with an inefficient GP practice.
Go to Boots, or any other, (yes, they're open) and ask for a hearing test with a view to buying some hearing aids. Don't worry. You don't need to actually buy any, though I did.

You'll get a fair and complete report.
More evidence to take to your doctor... when you can get through to them.

Thanks, JBR.

Haven't managed to even get through to the docs today to ask them if they have any results. I think when they have got so many people holding on, they won't let any more even join the queue. Might have to physically go up to the surgery another day and have battle with the reception's Rottweillers.

As for going privately to Boots or anywhere, I have seen private hearing aids advertised at costs anywhere between £400-£500 and £3,500 !!
Look at this for example:

https://www.bootshearingcare.com/hea...ng-aid-prices/

I will look into it more next week when I may have the report from the hospital secretary to read first.

I wish I knew for sure the cause of all this though, but it doesn't seem I ever will.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Thanks, JBR.

Haven't managed to even get through to the docs today to ask them if they have any results. I think when they have got so many people holding on, they won't let any more even join the queue. Might have to physically go up to the surgery another day and have battle with the reception's Rottweillers.

As for going privately to Boots or anywhere, I have seen private hearing aids advertised at costs anywhere between £400-£500 and £3,500 !!

I will look into it more next week when I may have the report from the hospital secretary to read first.

I wish I knew for sure the cause of all this though, but it doesn't seem I ever will.
Oh, they're expensive alright, but you don't have to buy them!

Before I bought mine which, although expensive, were guaranteed for six years for any fault and included twice yearly check-ups, I went to a local NHS hospital for a hearing check-up and was given free hearing aids. I still have them.

That's an alternative option for you, and if they find you have some hearing loss since your fall, there you will have some ammunition to support some attention from your GP.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 08:57 PM

Thanks for all your help and advice JBR.

I will see if I can get something moving next week.

Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top