Join for free
Page 5 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2012, 10:27 AM

Re: Holidays

Originally Posted by dabby ->
Don`t think i will bother with holiday this year .. reasons .
1.. on my own.
2.. Skint .
3.. Passport ran out in feb .

But happy holidays to those ,who do venture away .
Mine ran out over 10 Years ago.....I hate flying and all the Airport Hassle that goes with it. I'd much rather explore my own Country these Days.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2012, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Chippy ->
I'm off to Paris for a month in July but that's to do a loft conversion. then in September I'm off to Spain to do a barn conversion. Will be going to stay with friends in Cornwall for a week during the summer holls, yet to be arranged. Then hiring a horse and tinkers caravan to tour southern Ireland with my daughter towards the end of the summer holls. Then back end I usually go to Madeira for a short break to visit friends.
Chippy that sounds excellent I am not a sitting on a beach type of person I would rather be 'up and doing '.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2012, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Mine ran out over 10 Years ago.....I hate flying and all the Airport Hassle that goes with it. I'd much rather explore my own Country these Days.
Roxy darlin' - like me, you'd have a WONDERFUL time at the airport honest. Like me you'd set off all the security alarms merely by passing through the metal detector - They don't like me at Gatwick!!! - am I worried??? am I concerned??? - in the words of Pygmalion, "Not Bloody likely".
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2012, 02:42 PM

I know you so well Geoff Ladd....You'd enjoy it lol. I'd still not had the knees done when It ran out so I didn't set anything off. I meant the arriving hours before, the long lines, the delays, just the general nusiance stuff.....I couldn't be bothered with it all.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2012, 02:54 PM

Ahhh but Roxy darlin' - when the alarms trigger they tend to clear the airport, which means there is no queue!!!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

13-05-2012, 04:12 PM

LOL hhmmm Well yes, I never thought of that one.......Crafty Begger you.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

13-05-2012, 04:21 PM

People have to get up VERY early in the morning to catch me out Roxy darlin'
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

13-05-2012, 08:36 PM

Ah Well, as The Laird can vouch.....I'm no Morning Person lol.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2012, 10:25 AM

I am having a few short breaks this year. I love holidays but its difficult with the dogs. I've had a week at my house in Spain. At some point I am visiting a friend who has a farm in Norfolk for a few days where I can take the dogs and then back to the Norfolk Broads in October for a week in a cottage with a couple of friends. I am taking a week off in August to escape the dreaded Olympics travelling problems but probably won't go anywhere. Need to keep a few days spare just in case the house in Spain sells and I have to go out there to complete purchase. Had a viewing on Friday and am awaiting feedback from the estate agent. Fingers crossed !!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2012, 06:41 PM

After almost 4 years of retirement I still can't get over the fact that this is for real and I am not on holiday. Every day feels like a holiday because my time is my own to do with as I choose

Page 5 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top