Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2012, 05:10 PM

Re: A Wee Bit of Advice Please....

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Dageus sleeps in the Kitchen.....I'd have a Hung Over Dog in the Morning lol
No Roxy darlin' - you just might not have a pork joint left.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2012, 04:54 AM

Awwwww Rats, Rats and more Bloody Rats.
Rats are OK - if you can find really lean ones - just don't add sugar to the gravy !
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2012, 04:55 AM

Uncle Joe - I love your recipes - they all seem to begin with alcohol !
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

01-10-2012, 04:56 AM

If you make your own bread, and use unbleached unmessed about with flour - then white should be ok - shouldn't it ?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2012, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Uncle Joe - I love your recipes - they all seem to begin with alcohol !

Yes darlin' - I used to make my own booze (wine) and learned to cook with wine and cider (never did take to beer -I have too sweeter tooth for that) hence a lot of my recipes have wine or cider as a main ingredient. These days its the only way I can get a little alcohol as my Doctors have, for the past seven years, been feeding me rat poison (warfarin) and 'officially' I'm not allowed alcohol.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 07:24 PM

I am assuming that by now you would have had your results and know what is going on. However as someone who was diagnosed with type ll four years ago, I can tell you that the simplest 'immediate' way to reduce blood sugar is exercise. Just like that, a swift walk around the block, a burst of housework, whatever will quickly reduce blood sugar. I hope also that someone explained to you that everyones blood sugar fluctuates depending on what/when they have eaten, what if any exercise they they have done etc.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

11-12-2012, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
I am assuming that by now you would have had your results and know what is going on. However as someone who was diagnosed with type ll four years ago, I can tell you that the simplest 'immediate' way to reduce blood sugar is exercise. Just like that, a swift walk around the block, a burst of housework, whatever will quickly reduce blood sugar. I hope also that someone explained to you that everyones blood sugar fluctuates depending on what/when they have eaten, what if any exercise they they have done etc.
Des darlin' exercise for me is a big NO, NO as I also have chronic arthritis and have metal implants in both knees and both hips and most exercise is just too painful. Housework??? - what's that???? - don't do none of that either!!!
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2012, 02:59 PM

Thanks Plantman
Geoff I will not be eating Porridge, the thought of it makes my Guts Squirm, I don't take much Milk either, just a spot of Semi Skimmed in my Coffee or my Lunchtime Latte if I'm eating out. I will change to Brown Bread, and won't eat much as I really don't care for it. Don't take Sugar. The fruits I eat are....Satsumas, white grapes, honey dew melon, strawbs, rasps, grapefruit. Will have to stop the crisps when we eat out, they put them on your plate with your sandwich, along with salad.
Will have to cut out the Snacks between Meals though....sigh. Those are my Killers.
Are you on the ubiquitous statins Roxy? because if you are then grapefruit is a definite NO NO in fact there are several medications which advise no to grapefruit, a visit to your pharmacist may be advisable. I know when I was first diagnosed with type II I was told to avoid grapes and when I asked why this fruit more than others she said "well how 'big' is a 'bunch' of grapes?

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top