Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 09:29 PM

Re: A Big Day

May is worrying about staying in power as P.M ,and is trying to please both stay & leave in her party
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 10:07 PM

I don't think she is egotistical enough to want glory from this role. She's trying to please the business world.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
May is ....trying to please both stay & leave in her party
Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
She's trying to please the business world.
"You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time."

I think she's been trying to please everyone all of the time and ended up pleasing no one.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 10:24 PM

She is in an extremely difficult situation. But I think that unlike some she is trying to do the right thing rather than doing this for self interest.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 11:09 PM

I still want to know why so many people want to destroy the UK economy with "no deal" and put thousands if not millions out of work, just like the bitch Thatcher did.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

12-07-2018, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
I still want to know why so many people want to destroy the UK economy with "no deal" and put thousands if not millions out of work, just like the bitch Thatcher did.
Because they have no idea of how the economy works and that such a move would turn us into Greece or Turkey overnight.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
May is worrying about staying in power as P.M ,and is trying to please both stay & leave in her party
Maybe, deylon, but she is out of her depth and floundering. Ultimately it is the rest of us who will be left to pay the price - as usual when the 'government' blunder.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Because they have no idea of how the economy works and that such a move would turn us into Greece or Turkey overnight.

Why don't you provide some evidence for those wild claims.

You make these bold, scary statements as if they are self evident. ........ Where's the evidence ??

Our economy is nothing like Turkey or Greece.......not in the slightest.
We are not surviving on EU/German French bailouts/loans like Greece and our industrial and income generating base is completely different to both countries......

No deal might bring short term issues.........depends if the Gov't prepares for that scenario properly!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 01:47 PM

Well there we have it, Trump may well have stabbed Theresa May in the back by declaring to all concerned in the UK that there is no chance of a deal between America and the UK if the UK is going to continue to be tied to the EU with trade. - what is the point? he may as well deal directly with the EU rather than its soon to be vassal state,

As per usual, the patriotically challenged politicians come out of the woodwork to hurl insults at him on the BBC for his comments. (don't recall them complaining when Obama openly stated we would be at the back of the queue for trade if we voted to leave the EU). a classic case of "Do as I say, not as I do". GO DONALD. if only we could have you in our corner dealing with Brexit.

I wonder how Theresa May, with her "think she has it in the bag" Soft Brexit position, is feeling this morning? perhaps now, she is sampling a taste of the feeling that David Davis must have felt, trying to get his white paper proposal implemented at Chequers (which he had been preparing for the last 12 month) only to have it completely ignored due to the fact that she had been secretly, behind his back, plotting her own Soft Brexit white paper with her snake of a Civil Servant, Olly Robins.

I hope she and Phillip enjoyed their Banquet dinner of Scottish Smoked Salmon, Roast Beef with all the trimmings finished off with Strawberries and Clotted Cream last night, whilst sat next to President Trump and his wife, I cannot see it ever happening again. Someone who betrays the trust of her own MP's and the people certainly does not deserve to remain in office.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Well there we have it, Trump may well have stabbed Theresa May in the back by declaring to all concerned in the UK that there is no chance of a deal between America and the UK if the UK is going to continue to be tied to the EU with trade. - what is the point? he may as well deal directly with the EU rather than its soon to be vassal state,

As per usual, the patriotically challenged politicians come out of the woodwork to hurl insults at him on the BBC for his comments. (don't recall them complaining when Obama openly stated we would be at the back of the queue for trade if we voted to leave the EU). a classic case of "Do as I say, not as I do". GO DONALD. if only we could have you in our corner dealing with Brexit.

I wonder how Theresa May, with her "think she has it in the bag" Soft Brexit position, is feeling this morning? perhaps now, she is sampling a taste of the feeling that David Davis must have felt, trying to get his white paper proposal implemented at Chequers (which he had been preparing for the last 12 month) only to have it completely ignored due to the fact that she had been secretly, behind his back, plotting her own Soft Brexit white paper with her snake of a Civil Servant, Olly Robins.

I hope she and Phillip enjoyed their Banquet dinner of Scottish Smoked Salmon, Roast Beef with all the trimmings finished off with Strawberries and Clotted Cream last night, whilst sat next to President Trump and his wife, I cannot see it ever happening again. Someone who betrays the trust of her own MP's and the people certainly does not deserve to remain in office.
Ah, but you see, he didn't really SAY

all that, it was just FAKE news. Do try to keep up.

Now he says “she’s doing a terrific job” and “She’s a total professional,”

He didn't [B]SAY[B] there might be no trade deal with the
US because now he's saying:“We want to trade with the U.K., and the U.K. wants to trade with us,”

And he's magnanimously going to allow us to make our own deal with the EU. “Whatever you do is okay with us. Just make sure we can trade together,”

There's a lovely pat on the head for his poodles.

I hope he never eats with any UK PM again, Someone who holds opinions as vile as his certainly does not deserve to remain in office.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8445811.html

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top