Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2014, 09:00 PM

Aldi - quality food at good prices

We have shopped there for 10 years or more. The quality is good and they are so much cheaper than the big supermarkets. The chief negative is that their shops get crowded.
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2014, 09:16 PM

Re: Aldi - quality food at good prices

Same here Alan - Aldi or Lidl for us. We shop in both of them quite a lot.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2014, 09:45 PM

I'm an Aldi convert too! I love their wholemeal bread,pizza baquettes, coleslaw and their special fruit and veg offers which are great value.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2014, 10:53 PM

Me too
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2014, 11:32 AM

I like Aldi too.

Always buy their washing powder whenever I'm there and absolutely LOVE their chocolate. Trying to resist it now though.

Oh and like their toiletries too, especially the liquid hand gels. They smell gorgeous.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2014, 11:39 AM

The so called fresh food in Aldi is inferior even to the mob that have the nerve to call themselves the 'Fresh Food People"

So I shop at Coles you get a far better class of yob there.

..and they put your purchases in a bag for you.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2014, 12:47 PM

I like Aldi, but we don't have a store in this immediate area. There is Lidl and it's getting to be that I spend a lot more there than in the major supermakets. You have to be careful of the vegetables as they aren't always very fresh. Their meat and chicken is very good.

I was disappointed recently when they advertised Serrano hams, but these never materialised. I bought one last Christmas - excellent value.
HTB
Lanc's
HTB is male  HTB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2014, 12:59 PM

Excellent value for money.......especially fresh meat and fruit and veg.............some of their jar and tinned products are a bit dodgy though........cleaning materials and breads quite good also.........H
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2014, 05:02 PM

We've switched from Lidl to Aldi now for most of our weekly shop with about 20% more in Asda.

Still use Lidl occasionally - it's only a 5 minute walk!

The rest of our weekly shop is in our own centre because we've got Wilkinsons, Home Bargains, 3 different Pound Shops, Farm Foods, Iceland, Savers and an increasing amount of British & foreign foods at good prices too.

We've got Sainsburys too in the town with Tesco the other side of us in a mini out-of-town area 10 mins away but we don't buy much at all from either of them now! stevmk2
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2014, 05:11 PM

When I get the chance, I look into 'Home bargains', B&M or the various 'Pound' shops. I look for offers on branded food goods, but it's usually a case of 'buy it when you see it' because it probably won't be there the next time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top