Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2014, 07:25 PM

Re: Fear of Flying

It's such a common problem, fear of flying. It's even good to know that you're not alone. It's not the actual fear of flying for me, it's the utter problem of sitting in this confined space for hours on end and you can't even see much out of the window unless you're just taking off, and landing. Give me a car or a bus or train anytime. Saying that, I'm happy enough with a wee glass of wine, or two, in the departure lounge, followed by another glass on the flight . It's hardly going to do you any harm and puts you in the holiday mood .

I hate turbulence, but keep an eye on the airline crew and if they seem calm then it calms me too. On one flight back they all got strapped into their seats and I had white knuckles

Saying that, I've flown so many times and it's a mean to an end. I'm bracing myself for Oz in November
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2014, 08:10 PM

I find flying boring, don't feel any fear it's a safe way to travel. Going to Australia is a tedious task I was forever walking up and down trying to relieve the boredom. Thing is is you want to see the world than you have to fly if you don't own a yacht.
HTB
Lanc's
HTB is male  HTB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2014, 09:00 PM

when sat around a conference room table one day, we were asked what our names were and tell everyone an interesting fact about yourself............My reply was.....my name is Harry.......and I have survived three air crashes........now that got their attention...................I hate air travel with a vengeance..........(I have been too Florida 11 times with the family).........and every time I grit my teeth..........close my eyes.......and pray............

1. helicopter crash Belize
2. Cessna crash again in Belize
3. Chinook shot down in the Gulf

I would fly again tomorrow, brings an all new version of "a wing and a prayer".....lol..........

H
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2014, 06:39 PM

Back form New Zealand now , I survived ! The journey was long and boring .
We flew all the way without a break ( just a couple of hours here and there in between flights )
The journey was helped bu the Stugeron travel sickness tablets . I took them for the side effect they have of making you sleepy . Make me sleepy they certainly did and I slept loads . I would definately recommend taking them if you want some sleep on a flight .
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2014, 07:38 PM

Oh that's great Abbey. Hope you had a wonderful time with your son and his new wife. Don't forget to post some wedding pics.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2014, 07:45 PM

Glad you got on okay Abbey. A means to an end. You did it!! i don't get air sick, it's boredom with me. I use stugeron when I go on coach trips with my walking group and they've always worked. They say it's what the astronauts use

Well done for making the journey. Hopefully they'll come here next time
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2014, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Linden Tree ->
Oh that's great Abbey. Hope you had a wonderful time with your son and his new wife. Don't forget to post some wedding pics.

There are a couple in my album
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2014, 09:16 AM

Lovely photos Abbey. Looks like a beautiful setting for a wedding. Your son looks very smart in his kilt.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK

09-09-2014, 12:48 PM

Thank you , it was a beautiful setting and a beautiful day .
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2014, 02:24 PM

I like flying when I am safely UP THERE. Most accidents occur at take off and landing. Seldom if ever to planes just fall out of the sky.. unless of course they are helped down.. like in the Ukraine or Lockerbie. Of the two.. I hate take offs most. Before boarding I scan the waiting passengers. I worry that the plane cannot get that much weight up in the air. All during take off, I recite the Lords Prayer.. as an Agostic.. that's just in case!

Now though.. with all the potential "help downs" occuring.. I'm keeping my feet on the good ole' terra firma thank you very much..

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top