Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2014, 03:52 PM

Re: Fear of Flying

First time I flew I was terrified. When the air stewardess came along I stopped her and said " We are very high up, those people down there look like ants"
She replied " They are ants,we've not taken off yet".

Don't mind short flights say to go on a med. cruise, but wife and I go annually to Brazil and sitting in a plane for around 11 hours I don't like
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2014, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
First time I flew I was terrified. When the air stewardess came along I stopped her and said " We are very high up, those people down there look like ants"
She replied " They are ants,we've not taken off yet".

Don't mind short flights say to go on a med. cruise, but wife and I go annually to Brazil and sitting in a plane for around 11 hours I don't like

That gave me a chuckle.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2014, 08:05 PM

ERica Jong wrote a book "FEAR OF FLYInG" in 1973

I was shocked by it, but it has sold 20,000,000 copies world wide so it must be useful.
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2014, 08:31 PM

Probably 20,000,000 thought it may be useful

I have another book that was excellent. It all made sound sense but still didn't cure my fear.

My daughter is the same but she said what has helped her is watching the Flightrader App on her iPad. When you seen the thousands of planes in the sky, and nothing going wrong, you realise how safe it is. Also following someone's flight on it has a therapeutic effect. I have the app. too but can't say it has helped me.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2014, 08:37 PM

Long haul is boring. A few seconds `rush` as the plane takes off-hours of boredom,that nice sounding `bump` as the plane lands.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2014, 08:45 AM

I experienced the best landing ever last Thursday with a domestic Malaysian Airlines Flight MH1209 landing at KL. There was absolutely no bump at all either when the main wheels touched the ground nor when the nose wheel did.

If every pilot landed his plane like this bloke there would be no fear of flying. Never experienced anything like it and I fly a lot.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top