Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2016, 09:13 AM

Re: Friends /Holidays

Oh gosh this brings back memories . I went with a friend of 18 yrs to Spain for a month , we joined a group of ladies I'd known for a long while . We all had our own rooms . D, who I'd invited turned out to be a right pain , she disliked one of the group on first sight and it continued throuout the month , then she turned on me who was trying to keep things on a even keel for the sake of us all . It was a nightmare . 18 yrs of friendship down the pan , she ignored me when back in England and I never really understood what it was all about ! Another lesson in life learned , you never really know someone .

To be honest , she is no loss from my life now , I've moved on
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2016, 09:49 AM

Only did it once and regretted it we hired a big cottage for three couples, first day Steven and I went out as another couple were having a big of a domestic and we thought let them sort that out themselves, had a lovely meal out and came back at 8pm only to find the other two couples looking daggers at us apparently in our absence they had elected us to cook evening meal and we weren't there so they hadn't had the sense to cook for themselves just waited for us to get back decided then we had made a mistake but had another six days to get through.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2016, 03:14 PM

Me and Jenny did it once-ie holiday with a couple of friends. Never again.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2016, 03:28 PM

I'll let you know in about a month's time when I return from Tenerife. 24 of us going, mostly family. On paper it looks disastrous to me!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2016, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I'll let you know in about a month's time when I return from Tenerife. 24 of us going, mostly family. On paper it looks disastrous to me!
24, blimey!
Have a good ole" time.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2016, 08:07 AM

Floydy. go with an open mind! That way if it fails you will not be shocked, but if it goes well you may be pleasantly surprised.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2016, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
24, blimey!
Have a good ole" time.
Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Floydy. go with an open mind! That way if it fails you will not be shocked, but if it goes well you may be pleasantly surprised.
It's not through choice this sort of 'holiday' came about and I initially thought 'my idea of Hell' tbh, but it's my step-daughter's wedding out there and they'll be getting married on the beach.
I'm coming to terms with things and the fact that it's 5 years since my last holiday, so I can't wait now. Less than three weeks to go!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2016, 03:36 PM

It's not through choice this sort of 'holiday' came about and I initially thought 'my idea of Hell' tbh, but it's my step-daughter's wedding out there and they'll be getting married on the beach.
I'm coming to terms with things and the fact that it's 5 years since my last holiday, so I can't wait now. Less than three weeks to go!
Ah a wedding that's different you'll have a great time I'm sure.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2016, 03:39 PM

We had a holiday in Majorca with friends.......47 of us went.
Brilliant time.......though eating out was a mission.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2016, 05:34 PM

Ah well Floydy, a wedding is different. 24 doesn't seem such a big number.
You will have the best time., trust me ,sun , sea, what"sw not like . Your loved one"s by your side. Terrific. I just love weddings.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top