Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 02:48 AM

Re: And The Next Bail-Out Looms

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->

Oh that's just dandy ..... one minute I'm being lectured how great the eu is and I was crying on my pillow having read those nasty wicked BREXITEERS were dragging me away , Cameron was saying there would be a plague of frogs shortly ...... and now your saying Europe is in a mess ?!
Yep, and unfortunately Britain is still part of Europe even if it leaves the EU. It may come as a shock to you but the EU is not Europe.

Here's a map to remind you

However to be fair Britain is in as big a financial mess as a number of the countries in the EU whether it remains in or leaves. (I have to say that Britain staying or not is a matter of indifference to me now - even though in the 1970s I voted "No")
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 03:04 AM

Wow , speaking as a little englander I never realised the Europe was so colourful
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
No, you didn't and that was your mistake, but the whole thread is about a bailout for Italy. Now, I wonder why they would need a bail out if they weren't in debt? Get the idea now?
Perhaps you also missed my second paragraph:

"As for the finances, though, as you mention it, I wonder whether it would be more expensive to increase child benefits by an appropriate amount than to encourage or permit the admission of immigrants who it has been shown are likely to produce more offspring than the indigenous populus."

How do you feel about that? Which would be the best option?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 12:20 PM

Yep, and unfortunately Britain is still part of Europe even if it leaves the EU. It may come as a shock to you but the EU is not Europe.

Here's a map to remind you

No, it is incorrect. It shows the whole of Turkey as being part of Europe which, whilst that may be one of the expansionist aims of the EU, is wrong: the majority of Turkey is in Asia.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
No, it is incorrect. It shows the whole of Turkey as being part of Europe which, whilst that may be one of the expansionist aims of the EU, is wrong: the majority of Turkey is in Asia.
Turkey is generally considered to be a transcontinental state (like, for example, Kazakhstan) but if it satisfies the inner pedant in you so be it.

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Perhaps you also missed my second paragraph:

"As for the finances, though, as you mention it, I wonder whether it would be more expensive to increase child benefits by an appropriate amount than to encourage or permit the admission of immigrants who it has been shown are likely to produce more offspring than the indigenous populus."

How do you feel about that? Which would be the best option?
As I live in a country where 25% of the population was born overseas and where multiculturalism is embraced and encouraged I'll let you work that one out for yourself.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

08-12-2016, 12:02 AM

Turkey is generally considered to be a transcontinental state (like, for example, Kazakhstan) but if it satisfies the inner pedant in you so be it.
OK. I like conducting a pedantic argument. So I shall explain that the European part of Turkey is coloured correctly, but the Asian part should be grey, as for the other non-European countries.

As I live in a country where 25% of the population was born overseas and where multiculturalism is embraced and encouraged I'll let you work that one out for yourself.
Very well. As you are unable to answer my question, I shall answer it for you.
In my humble opinion, it would be a good deal cheaper to increase child benefits by an appropriate amount than to encourage or permit the admission of immigrants who, it has been shown, are very likely to produce more offspring than the indigenous people of this country do.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 12:13 AM

OMG .. I don't believe it we've got a male Professor Flicker on here now too.

But you do live and learn .. that Turkey is apparently a transcontinental state.
This goes a long way to explaining why Israel is also allowed to enter the Eurovision Song Craptest... elasticated landmasses that must ebb and flow like blancmange into other continents.
So in effect the UK is shedding the transcontinental shackles, otherwise known as Europe. Yeh, right.
Ever likely Germany wanted that wall down in 1989, the concept of a border must have really confused them.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 12:27 AM

Wow , speaking as a little englander I never realised the Europe was so colourful
I like that map ... made me mouth water looking at Norway, it was the same colour as blackcurrant Chewits. Haven't seen them for sale for ages. It's time like this you miss your schooldays innit.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I like that map ... made me mouth water looking at Norway, it was the same colour as blackcurrant Chewits. Haven't seen them for sale for ages. It's time like this you miss your schooldays innit.

When I was at school half the world was pink ..... I imagine by the time I die half the world will be under a black flag
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

08-12-2016, 01:19 AM

When I was at school half the world was pink ..... I imagine by the time I die half the world will be under a black flag
Yes, and I think it is quite predictable which those countries will be.

I don't think that Japan or China, for example, will be amongst them.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top