Join for free
effingpot
Hampshire, UK
effingpot is male  effingpot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2017, 07:00 PM

Christmas pudding baked cheesecake

As it's leftover Christmas pudd time I thought I would share this experiment that worked out quite well

I used a whole (small) christmas pudd for the last one but I'm going to use the leftover half of a larger one tomorrow - the amount is not critical but a whole one was a bit too much!

Ingredients:
700-800g philadelphia cheese (watch out, they do it with chives in now - don't use that!)
3 big eggs
A pack of ginger nuts
175g sugar
120g butter
Leftover christmas pudding

Method:
Make the base as normal - smash the biscuits and chuck into the butter which you melt in a pan, mix it all up and press down in your favourite cake/pie tin with a removable base. (I butter it first too so nothing sticks).

Break up the pudding into small pieces then mix with everything else in a big bowl with a hand mixer or similar and when smooth pour over the base.

Pop it in the oven on 150C for about 30-40 minutes until the softness in the middle is not too much, then leave it in the oven with the door ajar to slowly cool (avoids too much cracking).

I served with orange slices on top and cream poured over - was voted best pudding, just beating tiramisu

Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2017, 07:36 PM

Re: Christmas pudding baked cheesecake

OOoo - not too sure about that one. I think I have had enough rich stuff to last me a couple of months.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top