Join for free
Page 272 of 274 « First < 172 222 262 270 271 272 273 274 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 09:39 PM

Re: Floydy's All-Time Top 1000 Favourite Albums

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
If I had to chose one, and only one, album to listen to during my last hour on this planet, it would definitely be: "In Search Of The lost Cord" by The Moody Blues. Imo perhaps the best band ever.
They could always take me to an emotional places that no other band could reach.
I was lucky enough to see them LIVE 3 times.
You're still all popping in here aren'y you? Will I ever have peace?
Funnily enough bakerman, that didn't make my list - do you want a fresher of the full list, A-Z? If so, I'll do it tomorrow. Meanwhile, thanks for your interest buddy
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 10:01 PM

Floydy, as you are probably aware, I've spent a couple of hours, watching bedroom folks, recreating classics, this can be done of course, and done darn well, but what is lost is, the impact of years ago, when stuff was originally created, and belonged in an era.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2018, 08:15 AM

One year on now and I've been looking at any of the new stuff I've been buying (or downloading) this year and wondering whether anything is deemed worthy of entering this list.
Can't say it does to be honest. Been a poor year for new music except for the usual big names, some good blues albums and that's about it for me. Everything else is TV show based karaoke (The Voice, X-Factor), has-beens seeking desperate publicity (Elton, Cliff, Macca) or chart music for toddlers and teenagers.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2018, 09:31 AM

Nothing new is any good anymore, I feel. I've been listening to some of McCartney's solo stuff and I'd call plenty of it average although there are a few good albums in there.

Try listening to Big Star, Floydy.

Just listened to Dusty in Memphis - great album.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2018, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
One year on now and I've been looking at any of the new stuff I've been buying (or downloading) this year and wondering whether anything is deemed worthy of entering this list.
Can't say it does to be honest. Been a poor year for new music except for the usual big names, some good blues albums and that's about it for me. Everything else is TV show based karaoke (The Voice, X-Factor), has-beens seeking desperate publicity (Elton, Cliff, Macca) or chart music for toddlers and teenagers.
I disagree.

I just bought the Arcade Fire album 'Everything Now' and it is FFFFFFFFaaaaaaaaaBBBBBBBuuuuuuuuuLLLLLLLLLoooooooo uuuuuSSSSSSSSSSSSS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC30BYR3CUk

I thoroughly recommend it!

Also,

'Double Negative' by Low

Here's 'Fly'....Haunting, beautiful,moving !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5Enxzh-O9Y
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

27-12-2018, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Try listening to Big Star, Floydy.
I've got hold of a few albums and a couple by Alex Chilton too, Ffosse. I keep forgetting to listen to them though so I'm pleased you.ve reminded me. I'm going to put them all on some MP3 CDs for the car

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
I disagree.

I just bought the Arcade Fire album 'Everything Now' and it is FFFFFFFFaaaaaaaaaBBBBBBBuuuuuuuuuLLLLLLLLLoooooooo uuuuuSSSSSSSSSSSSS
'Double Negative' by Low
Hi Moscow.
Yeah mate, there's still some good bands out there, but I've been finding time short this year to get involved too much with new stuff (mainly 'cos of this thread! lol).
I'll try to get hold of those two you recommend. I have all the other Arcade Fire albums and like the band a lot
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 07:09 AM

Not quite sure if you have this actual album on your list Floydy but I reckon it should be on there mate.

BTW nice to see this thread back on the front page where it belongs.

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

29-12-2018, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Not quite sure if you have this actual album on your list Floydy but I reckon it should be on there mate.

BTW nice to see this thread back on the front page where it belongs.

Hi bud.
No mate it's not in my list because I didn't include any compilations and greatest hits albums. There are however 23 studio albums by David Bowie in there, so just about all of those tracks on there are covered.

Thanks for your comments about this thread and your support for my fragile state of mind when I was posting all this stuff though. It's there for prosperity and reference I suppose
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 08:39 AM

Yes maybe it was to early in the morning for me because I got hoodwinked into thinking it was actually a album until about half hour ago and when I realised it was just a mixture I thought bugger it leave it there cos it sounds ok..

Its a great thread mate don't let it die.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

29-12-2018, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->

Yes maybe it was to early in the morning for me because I got hoodwinked into thinking it was actually a album until about half hour ago and when I realised it was just a mixture I thought bugger it leave it there cos it sounds ok..

Its a great thread mate don't let it die.
This compilation is actually a new one to me Longfellow, so your post isn't entirely wasted

It's the choice of others to keep delving in here if they wish I think. I'll just answer any sporadic posts.
But it is a good guide to classic albums and I'm sure there is something for everyone in it, however personal a list it is.

I'd do another thing along similar lines (and I have tried again twice), but I just don't have the time. This list was enjoyable to compile but it did restrict me virtually living my life for five months and drove my nuts!

Page 272 of 274 « First < 172 222 262 270 271 272 273 274 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top