Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 06:03 AM

It is not going well.

Hi

It would appear that things are not going well according to recent reports.

After the WTO debacle, which has resulted in the UK being kicked in the teeth, Norway has now joined in, as has Switzerland.

Both accept free movement and Norway pays in for access to the Single Market.

They are both now insisting that they get the same terms that the UK is demanding.

Canada, Japan and South Korea are also demanding that if the UK gets free access to Services, they must have the same.

None of this makes Economic Sense to the EU, it is simply not going to happen.

We are also asking for a Transition Deal, simply because we do not have the systems in place to leave on Brexit day.

Our bluff has been called.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 07:54 AM

Re: It is not going well.

You say in a previous post that no trade deal has ever included financial services.

If that's so then if we don't get a services clause in the post Brexit arrangement with the EU then we obviously haven't failed.

It's good our negotiators are thinking outside the box and in te process showing up the EU for the nasty, intransigent, self-serving closed shop that it is and that is a barrier to fair and free trade.

Our economy will not fail if we do not have a free access to services. Our service industry will simply set up 'shop front' businesses in the EU and pretend to operate from there!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 10:36 AM

Hi

We can hardly complain, ever since we joined the EU we have used Trade Deals to protect and grow our own services industries.

We will of course set up front of shop companies in the EU, but that is not the issue.

The issue is where the tax is paid, and that will be in the EU, not the UK.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 11:11 AM

It amazes me anyone knows what's going on as it was all supposed to be in secret. But perhaps I'm still hopeful they have a fall back plan. IMO we should never have negotiated we should have left under wto rules after we said we were leaving. It would have avoided a lot of nastiness and cost us less than al this.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

17-01-2018, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It amazes me anyone knows what's going on as it was all supposed to be in secret. But perhaps I'm still hopeful they have a fall back plan. IMO we should never have negotiated we should have left under wto rules after we said we were leaving. It would have avoided a lot of nastiness and cost us less than al this.
Hi

It is not secret Julie, politicians both here and in the EU are leaking it like mad.

The official papers relating to the outcome of each meeting are also published.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It is not secret Julie, politicians both here and in the EU are leaking it like mad.

The official papers relating to the outcome of each meeting are also published.
I know I find that quite worrying they said it would be secret but neither side seem able to do it, doesn't give me great faith in any of them.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 02:23 PM

I'd rather know what's going on!
How would we know what we're likely to end up with otherwise.
If I'd voted for Brexit I wouldn't blindly accept whatever is being planned just to prove I was right.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We can hardly complain, ever since we joined the EU we have used Trade Deals to protect and grow our own services industries.

We will of course set up front of shop companies in the EU, but that is not the issue.

The issue is where the tax is paid, and that will be in the EU, not the UK.
It's not an issue......except in your head!

And....who's complaining? Nobody! We are negotiating a new concept ....One that the intransigent EU is struggling to
comprehend. Negotiating is NOT the same as complaining. Two completely different concepts.

Tax will be paid in the Eu for business contracted within the EU by British businesses operating there.

For business conducted within the UK the tax will be paid here.

Which part of that do you not like and why not?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

17-01-2018, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
It's not an issue......except in your head!

And....who's complaining? Nobody! We are negotiating a new concept ....One that the intransigent EU is struggling to
comprehend. Negotiating is NOT the same as complaining. Two completely different concepts.

Tax will be paid in the Eu for business contracted within the EU by British businesses operating there.

For business conducted within the UK the tax will be paid here.

Which part of that do you not like and why not?
Hi

The UK supplies most of the financial transactions for the EU, the business is done here and the tax is paid here, the tax will now be paid in the EU as companies based here in the UK will have to set up subsidiary companies there.

WTO Rules, which is what a hard brexit means, excludes financial services, which are our biggest export to the EU.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 10:41 PM

You have a few to spare after feeding time ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top