Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2018, 12:51 PM

Re: Do you eat more than you need to?

Now that the children are grown I'm only having to cook and eat for me most of the time.
So now I eat when I'm hungry
Not what the clock says
So no I'm not eating more than I need anymore
And I've said it before..
But cutting out the carbs gives you sooo much energy it's unreal

Having said that
I did have a Pound Bakery Veggie sausage roll with brown sauce for lunch yesterday!
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2018, 01:15 PM

I don’t think I eat more than I need to and deny myself many things.
I don’t eat red meat ,sausages or bacon . Not a great consumer of bread .
Cheese is a nono ,headache stuff , otherwise I’d probably make sandwiches .
I avoid pastries and puddings .
Pound bakeries ,McDonalds ,fish and chip shops I avoid like the plague.
Holiday times I do indulge in a few portions of chips and ice cream .
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2018, 01:18 PM

I can't say food has ever interested me too much .. apart from dunking ginger nuts and the odd bag of crisps as a treat.
I just eat a little when I'm hungry. I can get full just smelling food cooking so don't eat much.

I often wish I could take or leave ciggies in the same way.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 02:58 AM

This is a loaded question. I do ‘too much’ of everything yet I do manage to maintain a healthy weight. I’m a bit taller than the average person so can get away with hiding a bit of extra weight to hide a few of those yummy chocolate Easter eggs.
I’m celiac so have problems digesting gluten but I’ve noticed I gain weight by eating too many carbs. They just spike up the blood sugar so it crashes and you crave more. No fun.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 04:24 AM

I can't eat gluten so that limits my choices of junk food greatly. Sometimes I crave carbs but can't get my hands on anything decent. So I always have to say no to cakes at work or if I go out for a meal I always end up with a fruit salad for pudding or a fat free alternative. Gluten and fat/sugar seem to be made for each other. It makes a huge difference to your body mass and muscle tone to cut that out. I still eat some unhealthy stuff (home made oven chips or grilled lamb steaks) but there's no fast food, no takeaways, little processed food etc. lots of protein and fresh foods.

The gluten free manufactured foods are expensive so I avoid them most of the time apart from bread for sandwiches, but you tend to eat less of that because it's gluten that makes bread so moreish.

My weaknesses are wine and sweeties. My latest thing since I came back from holiday is to have a fresh squeezed orange juice from one orange with breakfast. Nice way to start the day. But on the whole I think this is a pretty healthy diet without having to try.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by SamTheMan ->
I try and keep to a healthy diet, i can't remrmber the last time i went to a chippy, must be about 30yrs ago. I've been in a McD once, but that was only for a coffee. But i do eat by the clock, when i may not be hungary, but i know it's time to eat.
Not been in a chippy for 30 years! Blinking heck!! And you're a Scouser too., such self control

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top