Join for free
Page 4 of 14 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2018, 12:34 PM

Re: Missile Strikes launched against Syria tonight

Nobody wants war but Assad and Putin want power, and I suspect Iran would be happy to join them.
Chemical weapons are thought of in the same way as Nuclear war was, and if Russia, Iran and Assad(he doesn't care about his own people, just the power) test them in Syria it will give them confidence in using them elsewhere.
If you think the Syrian people voted for Assad in 2014 read this...
https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-assad-or-else

Do any of you really think that that these 3 countries won't try to use Chemical weapons to further their desire of power? They have to be stopped!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2018, 12:38 PM

Hi

I agree with all of Morti's Post except the conclusion.

I differ on that.

I believe now that there is no way on Earth that Putin will let Assad be overthrown.

Iran has never used Chemical Weapons, they have a Fatwa against them.

They will also now be ensuring that Assad remains, at least until a friendly Government is in place.

The outcome of all this will be that Russia will get it's warm water port in Syria and Iran will get it's airfield.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2018, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Nobody wants war but Assad and Putin want power, and I suspect Iran would be happy to join them.
Chemical weapons are thought of in the same way as Nuclear war was, and if Russia, Iran and Assad(he doesn't care about his own people, just the power) test them in Syria it will give them confidence in using them elsewhere.

Do any of you really think that that these 3 countries won't try to use Chemical weapons to further their desire of power? They have to be stopped!
Why?

The Syrian people and the Iranians do actually live in the ME.
Why should we, over here in Europe be bothered who holds most land over there? We are not their Lords and Masters.

It's this that encourages proxy war and drags in Russia, the US and unfortunately us.
When I'd be happy just to know my own government was concentrating on protecting me from the overspill of terrorists coming to our shores .. and it has to be said, that's the prime the reason we draw their ire anyway, because we do interfere in ME politics.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2018, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->

Is the sticking point the morality of using chemicals?

Compare to Agent Orange .... used by the US in the Nam war. A herbicide for land clearance to aid jungle fights. Up to 4 million Vietnamese have suffered from it, and still are . .. not to mention US vets of the Nam war even now pursuing their own government for compensation.
It damages genes, causes deformities and tumours.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2018, 01:10 PM

The confusing thing is that many countries still have chemical weapons, and some don't even declare them, for obvious reasons ! Classed as 'probable'. So why the heck does any country want them if they can't use them.

The military strike in Barze, last night on a so called 'chemical weapons military base,' is (was) a Scientific Learning and Research Centre close to a civilian area, that teaches young students.

If these chemical weapons are there in Syria and the places have been struck , isn't there any dangerous 'fall out' ?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

14-04-2018, 01:20 PM

I see May has said ...

Russia should take airstrikes on Syria as a warning over its use of chemical weapons, Theresa May has said.

Would some Downing Street flunky hand her the right script .. she's mistakenly reading from Act 2. Skripal, ex-double agent in Salisbury nowhere near bombing in Syria.

Is it me or is it a bad sign when a PM can't compartmentalise her policies and uses one world stage to take a not very subtle swipe at someone she's peeved at over something else.
Seriously, I fear she's out of her depth as PM.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2018, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Why?

The Syrian people and the Iranians do actually live in the ME.
Why should we, over here in Europe be bothered who holds most land over there? We are not their Lords and Masters.

It's this that encourages proxy war and drags in Russia, the US and unfortunately us.
When I'd be happy just to know my own government was concentrating on protecting me from the overspill of terrorists coming to our shores .. and it has to be said, that's the prime the reason we draw their ire anyway, because we do interfere in ME politics.
Hi

Spot on Morti.

As for the influx of terrorists, I can see Russia and Assad letting UK Terrorists out of Syria to cause us trouble here.

A very simple means of retaliation.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

14-04-2018, 01:24 PM

I know .. the tit for tat just spreads like a bushfire.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2018, 01:30 PM

Personally I couldn't care less what happens in the middle east
but I am concerned that the ME and Russia are two places that I would never trust, because of their backgrounds!

Both areas have lived under forced control, in the past, and I wouldn't trust either not to try and regain power by the same methods.

War is never pleasant, but it is a better option than discovering that countries, like Russia, have created a chemical weapons that could wipe out vast numbers of of lives, anywhere they choose.

I know that many educated countries have created such weapons, but if I had to put money on who is most likely to use them, Russia and the middle eat would be my first choice!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

14-04-2018, 01:48 PM

Hi

The OPCW certified that Russia had destroyed it's stockpiles of Chemical Weapons last year.

The USA has not destroyed all it's stockpiles, it still has over 2,500 tons of chemical weapons declared and it is not intending to finish destruction until 2023.

All Countries are allowed to keep laboratory samples for testing and research.

Page 4 of 14 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top