Join for free
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 06:56 PM

Re: Poor Arthur

Aw poor Arthur Missy I hope his eye recovers but if it doesn't cats manage well with one eye .
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 07:11 PM

Thank you all so much for your posts, means a lot to me

I don’t do humans so well but my animals are something different, I get teased chronic for talking hens to the vet

I know cats do well with just one eye and I know my vet won’t be doing anything that isn’t needed. I will go with their advice. ( they have looked after so many of my animals and ultimately me)

It’s just it’s My Arthur.

If it were my grandchild I’d be more pragmatic

Not that I’d wish that on him but with a human I can deal with it,I’m strong and would be the one drying everyone else’s eyes

But my pet , my Achilles Heel. I’m in bits even though we haven’t even gott to Tuesday yet

I’m a wuss
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->

I don’t do humans so well but my animals are something different, I get teased chronic for talking hens to the vet

I know cats do well with just one eye and I know my vet won’t be doing anything that isn’t needed. I will go with their advice. ( they have looked after so many of my animals and ultimately me)

Not that I’d wish that on him but with a human I can deal with it,I’m strong and would be the one drying everyone else’s eyes

But my pet , my Achilles Heel. I’m in bits even though we haven’t even gott to Tuesday yet

I’m a wuss
You're not a wuss.
If anything happened to my cat I'd be gutted.
He's my little buddy!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 06:02 PM

I’m a wuss
There must be lots of wusses on here in that case.... me included.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
There must be lots of wusses on here in that case.... me included.
There are a lot of owners of pussies too Missy, and I am sure we are all hoping, along with yourself, that Arthur comes through this safely.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 08:45 PM

My mother had a black and white cat called Bimbo! He only had one eye as the other one had got infected.
When my mother died, l took him in. He only ate chicken, crushed beef crisps and baby rice.
Having only one eye didn’t seem to affect him at all.

Missy, I hope the vet can save your cat’s eye.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 09:33 PM

Thankyou for all the kind words

Arthur has been going mental wanting out so has taken to attacking my feet whenever he can

Hes being very good about accepting his eye drops and painkiller, I swear I have shares in Metacam as it seems thats all I buy from the vets. I have bottles of it here already, but nope - different one for cats then dogs, but the dog one was suitable for the duck

The weeping from the eye is now clear coloured so fingers crossed it is healing

Hes sleeping laid up against the fire at the moment, his favourite spot.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 11:38 PM

I'm pleased Arthur is recovering and is being good in accepting his medication, Missy
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 12:27 AM

Thankyou for all the kind words

Arthur has been going mental wanting out so has taken to attacking my feet whenever he can

Hes being very good about accepting his eye drops and painkiller, I swear I have shares in Metacam as it seems thats all I buy from the vets. I have bottles of it here already, but nope - different one for cats then dogs, but the dog one was suitable for the duck

The weeping from the eye is now clear coloured so fingers crossed it is healing

Hes sleeping laid up against the fire at the moment, his favourite spot.

That sounds more hopeful, Missy.
Hope it heals well and saves his eye after all.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That sounds more hopeful, Missy.
Hope it heals well and saves his eye after all.
It does doesn't it.

When we first got our kittens the girls eye was scratched during a play fight and her eye turned sort of opaque. We feared the worst but within a few days, it had returned to normal.

I am always amazed at how much cats can endure and I have my fingers crossed for little Arthur.

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top