Join for free
Page 3 of 35 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 11:51 AM

Re: 23rd June People's March

Hi

When you are there, say hello to Flicker for me will you.

I would also have liked for you say Hi to UJ as well.

Unfortunately, given the time of the March he will be unable to attend.

The pie shop will be open.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 11:53 AM

What lovely pleasant people you are, always willing to see the other point of view.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
What lovely pleasant people you are, always willing to see the other point of view.
Well it's hardly a genuine introduction is it?
yggdrasil
South West
yggdrasil is female 

22-06-2018, 02:00 PM

I'd go if I could walk the distance.
I understand those who were misled by the initial propaganda to leave, but now it is obviously a case of fingers in ears. Airbus is leaving now, taking jobs to Europe where the market is. The government has gone very quiet about their promise to replace the grants and subsidies we get from the EU. And the taxes of ordinary people will rise to pay for the NHS, not the taxes of the rich, or corporations, or politicians like JRM with fortunes in tax havens in the Caribbean.
There comes a time when you can't just say la-la-la project fear and ignore the mess this has got us in to.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by yggdrasil ->
I understand those who were misled by the initial propaganda to leave, but now it is obviously a case of fingers in ears. Airbus is leaving now, taking jobs to Europe where the market is. The government has gone very quiet about their promise to replace the grants and subsidies we get from the EU. And the taxes of ordinary people will rise to pay for the NHS, not the taxes of the rich, or corporations, or politicians like JRM with fortunes in tax havens in the Caribbean.
There comes a time when you can't just say la-la-la project fear and ignore the mess this has got us in to.
But have you seen whatt a mess the EU is in also? Perhaps fingers in ears and la la la works both ways, particularly to the rabid remainers that seem to be doing everything they can to prove themselves right, even if that means being at the expense of the country.

The irony is that if we now hold back we could, indeed, fall back over the cliff, but with all shoulders to the wheel we could just stand a chance of a better future. Your choice of course, but if we do fail now then a fair proportion of the blame should surely be laid at the feet of those that have spent the last two years bleating about the result and doing all that they could to frustrate the process. Without that defeatism we would no doubt be in a much stronger position now, but still you continue....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
But have you seen whatt a mess the EU is in also? Perhaps fingers in ears and la la la works both ways, particularly to the rabid remainers that seem to be doing everything they can to prove themselves right, even if that means being at the expense of the country.

The irony is that if we now hold back we could, indeed, fall back over the cliff, but with all shoulders to the wheel we could just stand a chance of a better future. Your choice of course, but if we do fail now then a fair proportion of the blame should surely be laid at the feet of those that have spent the last two years bleating about the result and doing all that they could to frustrate the process. Without that defeatism we would no doubt be in a much stronger position now, but still you continue....
Hi

I have to disagree with some of what you say Barry.

The success or failure lies with those in Government charged with delivering Brexit and with industry and investers.

Large amounts of our Industry are now foreign owned and decisions will be made abroad, simply on the basis of profit or loss.

The money markets will decide the value of the £ and our ability to borrow and at what rates.

There is no us anymore, just profit and loss accounts held in foreign countries.

We have sold far too much of our industry and infrastructure , much of it is owned by foreign Governments.

We will just have to wait and see what happens.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by yggdrasil ->

The thing is it's not illegal to have assets in a tax haven but as a British residence you still have to pay tax on them .
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I won't be there, I voted out.
Nor me, mingling with rent-a-mob and the great unwashed watching them smash up the windows Costas and Macdonalds is something I can do without.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 08:27 PM

I'm out already!and I'm not voting Tory ever again until the Country is out of the EU.

Democracy is paramount.

We wouldn't be having all these problems if we'd known what we were in for when we were taken in!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 08:41 PM

Who is at fault, the UK for wanting out or the Eurocrats, who are playing hardball and don’t want their club being lessened by our departure. Do they fear the gravy train coming off the tracks and if so they are going to punish the U.K. for doing the unthinkable.

Page 3 of 35 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top