Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 09:48 PM

Re: Roger Waters

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Wish I was there!

Nice one.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 09:51 PM

Probably a play on "Wish you were Here", just sayin.
Andwar
Bristol, UK.
Andwar is male  Andwar has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 10:03 PM

I also saw Floyd at Earls Court for the Dark Side of The Moon Gig. I remember there was a not on each seat (of may have been handed out) saying that there would be pyrotechnics and not to be alarmed. I think it was the plane they crashed onto the stage. An amazing gig.
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Andwar ->
I also saw Floyd at Earls Court for the Dark Side of The Moon Gig. I remember there was a not on each seat (of may have been handed out) saying that there would be pyrotechnics and not to be alarmed. I think it was the plane they crashed onto the stage. An amazing gig.
That’s flight. Nik Turner the drummer had to leap out of his seat at the last moment to avoid being stuck by the approaching plane on the wire from the back of the auditorium!
FridgeMagnet
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 06:06 AM

Whoops! Getting my band members a tad confused there. Nick Turner is with Hawkwind. I actually meant Nick Mason. The drummer with Pink Floyd.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 06:45 AM

I'm envious of you guys and your stories of seeing the Floyd live, especially the UFO Club gigs. Wish I were older!
FridgeMagnet

15-08-2018, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Andwar ->

Then can you recall what the very first number they played was? I just couldn’t recognise it!
Although I remember everything else.

Careful with that axe Eugine
Set the controls for the heart of the sun
Echos (absolutely brilliant, live)
Then after the interval. The entire ‘Dark side’ album.
The encore was ‘One of these days’
Andwar
Bristol, UK.
Andwar is male  Andwar has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by FridgeMagnet ->
Then can you recall what the very first number they played was? I just couldn’t recognise it!
Although I remember everything else.

Careful with that axe Eugine
Set the controls for the heart of the sun
Echos (absolutely brilliant, live)
Then after the interval. The entire ‘Dark side’ album.
The encore was ‘One of these days’
Careful With That Axe Eugene and Set The Controls have always been a staple of Floyd's live repertoire. In the early days they could last 30 minutes or so with them improvising heavily.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top