Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 06:48 PM

Re: Scorch?

A huge frog, or maybe it was a toad, hopped into my kitchen this morning & it looked very dry! I put him under the shelter of a big bush and poured cool water under there for him.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, that's how I feel too Rehab.
I haven’t done any mowing though
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I don't wish to boast, but my Acers are thriving and I haven't watered them once! Mind you, they are planted close the the hidden well that is in my garden!
They can definitely be over-watered. When I went away for a week, I left plastic bottles of water with tiny holes in, in the Acer pots and it was just enough to keep them going until I got back. Mind you, it wasn't as hot then.

Are your Acers in pots Twink or in the ground?

I find the light green ones suffer the most.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I haven’t done any mowing though
That's one good thing.
frankieboy
New Member!
Yorkshire
frankieboy is male 

16-07-2018, 09:39 AM

Anyone else had the sun scorching plants during this heatwsave?

I've had it badly burn one of my new 'Pinks' and it has scorched one of my Azaleas too.
Now I see it has burnt some bedding Verbena, along with some leaves on a young Peony too! Never had this happen before.

It's not because I am watering the leaves either, because I know that's asking for trouble.

Anyone else noticed any of theirs scorched this year?
A couple of plants have been scorched even though I've watered them
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by frankieboy ->
A couple of plants have been scorched even though I've watered them

I think we've finally been promised some decent downpours for this Friday. Yipeeee. .

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

16-07-2018, 04:58 PM

My Purple Loosestrife didn't seem to be flowering for very long this year. It's a pond version so I made sure the roots were always wet but the flowers have faded really quickly. I suppose that must be down to scorch.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
My Purple Loosestrife didn't seem to be flowering for very long this year. It's a pond version so I made sure the roots were always wet but the flowers have faded really quickly. I suppose that must be down to scorch.

I'm almost ready to give up on my garden this year dongles.

I'm dreading my water bill as well!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

16-07-2018, 05:09 PM

I'm almost ready to give up on my garden this year dongles.

I'm dreading my water bill as well!
What a shame Mups. I know you always put so much effort into it. Luckily, we are not on a meter here. Had some rain earlier but it barely filled a quarter of the water butt.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

16-07-2018, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
What a shame Mups. I know you always put so much effort into it. Luckily, we are not on a meter here. Had some rain earlier but it barely filled a quarter of the water butt.

I would like another water butt fitted dongles, I must get a couple of prices as I've no idea what it should cost.
How long do you reckon one should take to fit roughly?

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top