Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 10:55 AM

security lights

In the last few months a house in the road opposite our back garden has had fitted very bright security lights that actually light up every room in the back of our house. That is 3 bedrooms a lounge and dining room light up like daylight.

So just now got so fed up I went over to have a gentle word. The lady age 84 came out and explained the problem and pointed out that security lighting has to be confined to within their boundary. She said sorry she will get the installers to alter them, which I thought was nice of her, all very friendly and amicable.

Then out came her 86 yr old husband with a very aggressive attitude for no reason at all wanting to know what was going on. So I explained to him and boy did he let fly. No need for it at all. I
did say I could have gone to environment health people or taken out a court order, but that is not my style. His attitude was really very abrasive and went in then came out and said their I have switched the bloody lights off now.

Why such an aggressive attitude? I could have easily made it so much more aggressive myself but I didn't having had to put up with this for several months

They say about the rudenes of the younger generation but the older generation are far worse.

The house causing the problem, and one of the two high powered lights direct at my house. Must be at least 500/1000 w if not higher in led terms

All it needs is for them to be pointing down, he is very lucky I didn't retaliate
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 11:06 AM

Re: security lights

Sounds like someone to avoid, Realspeed. As you say - a little adjustment is all that is needed.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 11:20 AM

Your chap would have nothing on me if I found out you had posted a photo of my house on a Forum.

And that was put politely
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Your chap would have nothing on me if I found out you had posted a photo of my house on a Forum.

That is about the most stupid thing I have ever read.

How many people take photos of Buckingham Palace I wonder without asking permission first??

There is no law preventing it as long as you are not on their property, just also check out estate agents web sights.

Try getting a life instead
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 11:29 AM

That chap,obviously doesn't see it your way,he is unable to understand,so if it is a problem as you say,then contact the council,..as for the elderly being more aggressive,I disagree...as for retaliate,this gentleman is in his eighties,what a silly thing to say!.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by solo ->

I don't think it is illegal to do so.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
That is about the most stupid thing I have ever read.

How many people take photos of Buckingham Palace I wonder without asking permission first??

There is no law preventing it as long as you are not on their property, just also check out estate agents web sights.

Try getting a life instead
Home owners have given permission for their property to be shown by Estate agents and Buck House is a tourist attraction.

The property you have shown on here is a private residence whose owner I very much doubt gave you permission to show it on here. Privacy laws and all that
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

27-07-2018, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
That chap,obviously doesn't see it your way,he is unable to understand,so if it is a problem as you say,then contact the council,..as for the elderly being more aggressive,I disagree...
I tend to find the direct friendly approach is best, no need to upset anyone unless they don't do anything about it.

Yes there are other options I could take but give them a chance to sort things out first.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

27-07-2018, 11:44 AM

Solo

I have been a photographer for longer than I can remember. The law regarding photography I am well aware of and unfortunately you are wrong.
for your information as long as the photo is not taken on a property but on public or other ground then there is nothing to stop anyone photographing any house they wish.

If the property boundary is crossed then yes permission must be sought from the property owner first.

This has come up time and time again in court and every time thrown out. Privacy laws have to show intent of intruding into personal lives
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I tend to find the direct friendly approach is best, no need to upset anyone unless they don't do anything about it.

Yes there are other options I could take but give them a chance to sort things out first.

I do understand where you are coming from,..the friendly approach doesn't always work,..I had a car space incident last year,polite letter,still kept parking way over her allocated parking space,causing me great difficulty parking,next a marked White line she parked way over it,

Another letter,explaining I was covered under my buildings
insurance,for this type of behaviour,and if it went to court,she would have to pay!...no problem since,real speed,....but I do understand your frustration!.
just phone council,breaking the law,if it shines into your windows,

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top