Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 11:47 AM

Re: security lights

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Solo

I have been a photographer for longer than I can remember. The law regarding photography I am well aware of and unfortunately you are wrong.
for your information as long as the photo is not taken on a property but on public or other ground then there is nothing to stop anyone photographing any house they wish.

If the property boundary is crossed then yes permission must be sought from the property owner first.

This has come up time and time again in court and every time thrown out. Privacy laws have to show intent of intruding into personal lives

OK I will put it another way . Elderly couple, house shown, Location same as yours. Need I say more !!!
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 12:12 PM

Google Earth will show people’s houses. I looked at mine the other day, plus houses I have lived in previously to see what changes the owners have made to them. My house even shows my car on the drive. I love looking at them, when my grandson bought his property I immediately looked it up on Google as I knew I couldn’t visit any time soon.

As has been said, it is perfectly legal to photograph a house provided it is done from a public place.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
Google Earth will show people’s houses. I looked at mine the other day, plus houses I have lived in previously to see what changes the owners have made to them. My house even shows my car on the drive. I love looking at them, when my grandson bought his property I immediately looked it up on Google as I knew I couldn’t visit any time soon.

As has been said, it is perfectly legal to photograph a house provided it is done from a public place.
On Google Earth is one thing but to have your house posted on a public forum is another thing entirely...I wouldnt be a happy bunny to say the least .
What is the need for it to be shown?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->

Our home is displayed on Google Earth, as in all probability is that of Solo.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 12:54 PM

We have several on the house and the out buildings, all pointing downwards but they give a bright light you can see from the house. Hate anyone wandering around here at night. Not only is it not on, but a farmyard is a dangerous place if you don't know what's what..
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Home owners have given permission for their property to be shown by Estate agents and Buck House is a tourist attraction.

The property you have shown on here is a private residence whose owner I very much doubt gave you permission to show it on here. Privacy laws and all that
Rubbish.

He took a photo of his garden. Take another look and see for yourself.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
In the last few months a house in the road opposite our back garden has had fitted very bright security lights that actually light up every room in the back of our house. That is 3 bedrooms a lounge and dining room light up like daylight.

So just now got so fed up I went over to have a gentle word. The lady age 84 came out and explained the problem and pointed out that security lighting has to be confined to within their boundary. She said sorry she will get the installers to alter them, which I thought was nice of her, all very friendly and amicable.

Then out came her 86 yr old husband with a very aggressive attitude for no reason at all wanting to know what was going on. So I explained to him and boy did he let fly. No need for it at all. I
did say I could have gone to environment health people or taken out a court order, but that is not my style. His attitude was really very abrasive and went in then came out and said their I have switched the bloody lights off now.

Why such an aggressive attitude? I could have easily made it so much more aggressive myself but I didn't having had to put up with this for several months

They say about the rudenes of the younger generation but the older generation are far worse.

The house causing the problem, and one of the two high powered lights direct at my house. Must be at least 500/1000 w if not higher in led terms

All it needs is for them to be pointing down, he is very lucky I didn't retaliate
The people who installed these lights should have known about the requirements of not having the lighting impinge on neighbouring properties. It's the same with CCTV, they can't be pointed towards anyone else's property either.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 02:39 PM

There are some funny people.

One on here complaining about the perfectly legal practice of photographing a house from a public place.

Another complaining about someone asking politely if their security lights could be adjusted to avoid shining directly into his house.

I'd get on to the council. You've tried the polite approach, now go down the official route.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 03:46 PM

JBR

this couple are 83 and 87 years old and they have to get someone in , ie the installers, to adjust the lights so will give them a few days.

The so called gentleman (87 yrs)did go switch them off albeit it a fit of anger which was uncalled for
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Rubbish.

He took a photo of his garden. Take another look and see for yourself.
correct the closeup is just a crop of the first.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top