Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 03:32 PM

Tomatoes.

Just got the first 4 tomatoes out of the greenhouse, lots more to come in a few days time. Was beginning to think they would never be ready.

Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 03:45 PM

Re: Tomatoes.

They look great Roxy, what variety are they? I'm growing "Sweet Apperatif" cherry tomatoes but which haven't done very well, and "Shirley" for the main crop which are doing alright and we've been eating for a week or so.,
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 03:53 PM

I use the Gardeners Delight Barry, the wee Cherry ones.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I use the Gardeners Delight Barry, the wee Cherry ones.
Those are my favourites Roxy. We bought our plants from a car boot sale this year and there is no way they are Gardeners Delight! They are ribbed and strange looking, not quite ready yet so we’ll see what they taste like in due course.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 04:55 PM

I bet they taste great.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

28-07-2018, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I bet they taste great.

HAH, I wouldn't know LD my OH just waltzed in for a coffee, saw them and said Ohhhh good, and scoffed them, blooming pig.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

28-07-2018, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Those are my favourites Roxy. We bought our plants from a car boot sale this year and there is no way they are Gardeners Delight! They are ribbed and strange looking, not quite ready yet so we’ll see what they taste like in due course.
No idea what they could be. Maybe they'll turn out better than the ones you wanted.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->

Ooh Val, I've never heard of, or seen a 'ribbed' tomato. That sounds most odd.

Any photo's?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 06:15 PM

I saw some somewhere they do look strange .
I have been eating tumbling toms ( cherry ) for some weeks I planted them in two hanging baskets .
I also have orange zinger that have a nice sharp taste and some yellow ones and plum one sthat have been useless up to now
I also have some self seeded ones they are I think money maker -that are producing tomatoes -still green though .
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 06:34 PM

Mine still haven't ripened, though one is pale orange (Alicante). As usual some have had glossom end rot. No matter how careful I am, there are always some that get it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top