Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 04:59 AM

Re: Teeth Cleaning.

Hi, Roxy. Whenever I was my dogs and dry them, I reach in with a wash cloth and give their teeth a good wipe down with water. One thing I have found is that on the rare occasions in which my dogs were on antibiotics, their bad breath cleared right up.

Is Daegus eating dry kibble?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
My two love eating that stuff, apparently it tastes like chicken apparently although I have never tried it. They will not let me brush their teeth but at least some of it gets to their gums.
My two prefer the fishy tasting one - but it stinks!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 12:03 PM

I ordered a couple of finger brushes off ebay and a tube of doggie toothpaste, Vet gave him the once over and says he's in good health but there is a wee bit of plaque forming around the base of a couple of his teeth, so will go ahead with the tooth cleaning, I just hope he lets me without too much of a fuss.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 06:00 PM

I give my dog raw bones several times a week .
He is a rescue dog and although young has already lost a tooth.
( before we had him) but they vet didn't seem bothered about it .
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 07:05 PM

Yorkies are prone to tooth decay and our little girls teeth are bad. I bought the special finger brushes with the chicken flavoured toothpaste and then didn’t clean them. I wish I had because her teeth are so bad it can cause infection in her lungs. They are also prone to trachea collapse . We might need to get her teeth pulled. Poor little girl.

I like the raw bone idea but my girls get too territorial with them
BoxerBoy
West Sussex UK
BoxerBoy is male  BoxerBoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 07:00 PM

I brush my Boxers teeth every day, they enjoy it. I use Virbac Enzymatic toothpaste. I also use Logic Oral Hygiene Paste. Also buy long thin toothbrushes, All available online, so much cheaper than at the Vets.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top