Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 12:20 AM

up and away

Nikon D800- ISO 400- f6.3- 1/3200sec - lens 70mm (Heavy crop) edited with Adobe Elements 14
Shot in RAW @72MB

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Other original size shot in Jpeg @ 11.4MB

--Self Criticism part---------------------------------------------------------------

My thoughts .

Minus side

Picture grain (noise) showing in top picture which goes to show wrong lens wrong distance should have used (if I had it with me) the 80-400 mm lens at 400 mm.
Should have tried Noise reduction when editing

Lack of contrast as well and never pays photograph a bird in flight against a bright sky

Plus side

leaving space for the bird to fly into is a plus. no over sharpening to leave a light fringe around the wing edges

Just a couple of things absolutely wrong and an error of mine.As they said at school "could have done better"

Now having the Nikon D810 against this D800 photo will help as the Anti Alias filter has been removed to produce a clearer picture

No way would the Jpeg version even come out with that amount of cropping, so best to shoot in RAW whenever possible
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 06:25 AM

Re: up and away

Fantastic photo, Realspeed - you can certain tell where the aircraft designers found their ideas!!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 11:08 AM

Re: up and away

Brilliant crop, RS.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top