Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 11:52 AM

Re: how to deal with surveys

Working as a field worker many years in London and a wee while over here I was grateful that most people are happy to have their opinions taken into consideration and were willing to spend 15 mins answering questions

Field workers are out in all weathers trying to earn a wage Having doors shut on your face and rudeness makes the job extremely difficult

Politeness when refuting makes for a better day
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Panda ->
What a stupid reaction!
As always.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 11:57 AM

I never respond to online Surveys. Once they start asking for address, email address etc, I just click out of them.
I do however, respond to Ebay or Paypal surveys as have been a member since 2002 and they already have my confidential information.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Nope,I don't do them..I mean would You really tell a complete stranger who approaches You in the street or knocks on Yer door Your Name/address/age/phone numbers/email?
No doubt some stupid people would do so!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 12:01 PM

I always liked doing surveys if it was genuine and if my opinion mattered but these days it's just so they can sell you something.

When I was about ten, a man knocked and gave me six jars of peanut butter to try. He said he would come back in a month and ask which were my favourites. He did come back and I enjoyed being of assistance. No angle, no ulterior motive.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 01:15 PM

Nope,I don't do them..I mean would You really tell a complete stranger who approaches You in the street or knocks on Yer door Your Name/address/age/phone numbers/email?

As a field worker for the big market research companies such as Ipsos Mori, I can assure you that they don't sell your details on and you are never contacted again unless you give permission. They only take personal details to prove different respondents were used and they do a sample check to ensure that the field worker did actually come and ask, we didn't just sit at home filling in the surveys ourselves

We field workers also have to sign in at the local police station and give our details and the details of the roads we are sampling and the days and general times. We all have to show Id which gives the companies phone number and you are invited to call and check with both the company and the police that we are legitimate workers
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 01:24 PM

Ok Missy,fair enough for Folks who wish to do as You say..I'm just not one of Them..I've become a tad cynical in My old age and less trusting of strangers..so shoot Me
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 01:47 PM

I don't do them. The most I'll do is write a review of a product or service.
Mel15
Nowhere

04-08-2018, 03:28 PM

Ok Missy,fair enough for Folks who wish to do as You say..I'm just not one of Them..I've become a tad cynical in My old age and less trusting of strangers..so shoot Me

Its fine Its always personal choice as to whether you wish to be interviewed and a professional interviewer may just ask are you sure you don't want to have your say about such and such, but will accept a no and try another address with grace

I was just saying how it is from the interviewers point and just giving a general assurance that the reputable companies who carry out research have to keep your data protected

If there were breaches of protection they would be shut down

Its a multi million pound business, each company flight tooth and nail to win contracts

As I say, your personal data doesn't even go to the company/government dept who commission the survey. Thats held only by the research company so they can run their sample checks. Its not even kept with your answers. Nothing you answer can be traced back to you

I took part in a survey a couple of years back ( I wasn't working in market research at the time so was allowed ) and it was a government one, and went on for ages. It did want to know the ins and outs of everything. It was all about how wealthy we perceived ourselves to be and asked questions such as could we afford a Sunday roast, did we eat out, how much of our income went on fuel, did we worry about having to chose between heat or eat. But it was very interesting and its nice to know that Im one of the statistics thats mentioned

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top