Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 08:31 AM

Re: Child Abuse

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
It's terribly wrong and the perpetrators should have been handed over to the police and some are .
I think the cover up was more likely in order to preserve the good reputation of the school more than anything .
And Ampleforth is a good school
Also abuse does not always mean sodemy .
It can mean inappropriate touching so there are degrees of abuse .
I am not excusing this children should be protected but a hug could be construed as abuse .
Would the police act in such cases ?
How awful if hugging wasn't allowed because of filthy beasts. I love to hug and be hugged. My god what is wrong with people, it seems sexual abuse was the norm with some men.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
How awful if hugging wasn't allowed because of filthy beasts. I love to hug and be hugged. My god what is wrong with people, it seems sexual abuse was the norm with some men.
I am not keen on being hugged, but tolerate it if it is family member who does it. If I was hugged by someone else, especially a guy, I would not be a happy bunny and I would tell them so in no uncertain terms.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 08:54 AM

Its always men isnt it....they should chop it off!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 08:59 AM

Like you all I ] have no understanding whatsoever of these sub human species . This is digressing but still on the same dreadful subject .

I follow a group of people called "dark light" on face book , these people mothers and fathers work online to wait for predators of children , they do not entrap them they log into a chat room as a child and within minutes they can and do receive contact from men who are groomers , in the first instance of contact they tell the chatter they are 12 , 14. Or whatever age under 16 on numerous occasions , yet they receive vile pictures and suggestions . " dark light " wait as the groomers believes they are kids under 16 and in time agree to meet with the chatter at a designated place .

"Dark light" surprise the predator , there is never ever any violence , in fact they protect the predator while they wait for the police to arrive and arrest . They have all the chat logs ,
Vile pictures etc for the police and they are always arrested .

The saddest thing to come out of this is the wife and children are affected or the rest of their life's . I have watched many live stings , have been shocked , many are family men with young children , nice homes and family's , I ask myself why would they do this to children , why, when they have young ones themself's .

Lastly , the group do this voluntarily , they travel the length and bredth of UK weekly and catch them . Some police actually support them , others don't . Some call them vigilantes because they expose the groomer to the public , but they never expose the house , area or family , they protect and help the family , but the groomer is filmed . It's shocking to know this is happening each day , children being selected by these people .

And yes parents should know so as to advise their kids to be aware when online
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I am not keen on being hugged, but tolerate it if it is family member who does it. If I was hugged by someone else, especially a guy, I would not be a happy bunny and I would tell them so in no uncertain terms.
What if it was a child who fell over and was crying at school ?
Would you not try and co sole them ?
Would it be wrong to put an arm around their shoulder ?
Now teachers are told to be very careful and not touch children in any way that can be misconstrued.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 09:45 AM

Once, several decades ago, I was grocery shopping at a large super market. A young girl, perhaps age 6 came skipping around the corner. She was dressed as a princess with a tiara and a wand, and a pink frilly dress. She was happy and smiling.

Suddenly, I could see her face change from joy to terror when she realized she had lost her parent. She started to cry and my first instinct was to go to her and console her. BUT, just at that instant it occurred to me that I might get in trouble.

Then a female clerk happen by and I waved her over. Together we quickly found dad. Dad severely scolded the child. He said, "Your job is to stay with me". Well, that did it, and I told "dad", in no uncertain terms, "Wrong ! It is YOUR job to watch her, not the other way around".

It's a shame that I had to restrain myself because of those damn perverts.

A woman would not have had to think about that, She could help without anyone thinking she was a pervert. I just hate that I have to be extra careful just because I'm a man.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 10:36 AM

Ampleforth resisted giving information to services for decades.
That should have been a big warning, and I have to ask, where exactly is the failing coming from ?
There have been a lot of cases that have gone unchallenged in the Yorkshire area for a very long time.

This is a subject that I don't normally engage with, for obvious sickening reasons, although only the other night I came across a reference to Elm House so I looked into it further.

Elm House is like unfinished business, as are many other cases, and individual cases that are delayed for years and then dropped after death. One on the list of visitors to Elm House was an MI5 agent John Rowe.

and the Spartacus Club.

Russell Tricker , a British born business man who was based in Amsterdam.
Anthony Blunt a spy and MI5 agent also appeared on that guest list from Elm House. We know that prostitution and homosexuality once was used as a blackmail weapon in the spy networks , child abuse could have been the next step from that.
To my mind there are some very big fish in this business and that is why it shall never go any further. Yorkshire seems to have quite a large database for suspects and accused, although not necessarily proven guilty or innocent. Conveniently, Hull is in Yorkshire with a ferry to Amsterdam ! (maybe that's getting a bit too much like Vera )

Far too many unanswered questions, but if it was a ring of relatively unprofessional people who have no contacts in high places, they would be convicted without any further ado. It's easy to prove if they want to, particularly when so many children of the horrors have had the courage to give evidence so many years later.
Yolande
London, UK
Yolande is female  Yolande has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 10:48 AM

Everybody's favourite, James O'Brien, is discussing this on his show.
It was the school he attended.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
A squib,i,m,o,would be too kind,..I would like to fill a silicone gun,with quick setting cement,up there!..
Yes pauline3: or a red hot poker.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 01:15 PM

I have known a couple of people who went to Ampleforth and they were ( and still are ) really first rate men who had no qualms about sent sending their own children to boarding schools.
So one presumes they didn't get abused .

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top