Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 03:49 PM

Re: Halal again

I did know that actually but it isn't passed yet is it ?
In fact it's already been pulled once .

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...back-labor-ban
It depends who triumphs the humane faction or big corporate business
And yes I do know quite a lot about Australia having a country I have been to many times .
I presume Bruce you do not live on a farm else you would be aware of he many cruel farming practices STILL inflicted on sentient animals .
Such as de nor I got castration and branding -all without any form. Of anesthetisea.
Also the appalling practice of tail docking and mulesing that is is done not by any veterinarians but by any farmhand .
We have the means now not to inflict pain on animals there is no excuse for cruelty .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 12:31 AM

Talking of Halal, I saw something in todays paper which I felt was soooo wrong.

Quote:

The boss of halal slaughterhouse that was caught flouting rules on animal suffering has been fined £400.

Footage shot at Simply Halal in Banham, Norfolk, showed sheep falling off a restraining conveyor and being manhandled before having their throats slit without being stunned.

Carr, 70, of Kempson, Beds, admitted animal welfare offence at Norwhich magistrates court. The Judge expressed surprise that the maximum penalty he could give was a fine.

£400. A piddly £400. Even the Judge wasn't happy, but what can they do unless the law is changed?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 12:58 AM

Police in Paris have found 32 sheep in a garage in a Muslim area .
They were destined for slaughter at the Eid festival.
I have no doubt that this happens in the UK too ,
The animals will be slaughtered in someone's back yard just like they do in their own brutal countries.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 01:08 AM

Yes. I don't doubt for a moment about more being slaughtered in garages in this country. I bet it is widespread here, in fact.

Sorry Muddy, not exactly Halal, but more cruelty filmed at an R.S.P.C.A approved Organic farm supplying Waitrose. New born calves this time.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...-farm-13133491

Sadly, there will always be those who inflict terrible animal cruelty.
Not connected to this topic I know, but delve into the puppy farming world and it makes you weep.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 01:10 AM

Such as de nor I got castration and branding -all without any form. Of anesthetisea.
Muddy must try to do better at English grammar - please re-write!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Police in Paris have found 32 sheep in a garage in a Muslim area .
They were destined for slaughter at the Eid festival.
I have no doubt that this happens in the UK too ,
The animals will be slaughtered in someone's back yard just like they do in their own brutal countries.
I can foresee East Europe becoming the most civilised part of the continent whilst West Europe becomes effectively a muslim caliphate.

Liberal attitudes will be the death of civilisation in this part of the world.

I'm glad I won't be around to see it.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I can foresee East Europe becoming the most civilised part of the continent whilst West Europe becomes effectively a muslim caliphate.

failed multiculturalism heh? still they ain't taken over the websites for over fifties yet?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

27-08-2018, 09:39 AM

No too busy butchering animals in their backyards.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Unless anything changes, I agree.
At least the Eastern Europeans stand up for themselves / their culture, and won't take too much nonsense.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

27-08-2018, 05:18 PM

I agree with JBR and fender but NOT Muddy!

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top