Join for free
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 10:36 PM

Share your favourite BBQ recipes

As the BBQ season is drawing to a close I was wondering whether anyone had any special recipes for making a success of the barbie.

I have two really easy-peasy yummies.

1. Cheesy mushrooms

Ingredients :

Portabello mushrooms
Gruyere cheese
chives
paprika

method :

Clean and tidy up several portabello mushrooms. I take the skin off because it's easier that way. Cut the stalks down or remove them.

Grate gruyere cheese in to a bowl. Chop the chives and mix well with the cheese.

Put the mushrooms with the grills facing down onto the BBQ. Cook to taste (preferably not charred). Once cooked turn onto the round cap and fill the inside with the cheese and chive mixture. Sprinkle a little paprika in each. Cook until the cheese is all divinely melted.

2. Flake bananas

I picked up this recipe from an Aussie housemate many years ago.

ingredients :

Bunch of bananas
Pack of flake bars or similar flaked chocolate bar

method:

Slit each banana at the side, do not remove the skin.

Place a flake bar in the middle of the slice.

Wrap in foil and stick in the barbie. I think you can stick these right into the pit.

Open the foil and enjoy the yummy deliciousness of melted chocolate the cooked banana.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 08:52 AM

Re: Share your favourite BBQ recipes

Rum soaked Pineapple.

Ingredients
1 pineapple, cut lengthwise into wedges 2 kg
4 bamboo or wooden skewers
aluminum foil
2 tbsp butter, unsalted 28 g
2 tbsp brown sugar 24 g
1 tsp gingerroot, grated 4 g
2 tbsp rum 30 mL
Before you start
Soak the skewers in water for 15 min to prevent them from scorching on the grill.

Method
Using a large, sharp knife, cut the pineapple lengthwise into 4 wedges, leaving some leaves attached to each wedge for a nicer presentation. Cut out and discard the central core if it is hard. Using a curved, or paring knife, carve out a "boat" by cutting between the flesh and skin to release the flesh, but at the same time leaving it in place. Slice the flesh crosswise to make thick chunks.
Push a skewer through one end of each wedge, into each pineapple chunk, then out to the other end, to hold the pineapple together during cooking. To prevent the leaves and the ends of the skewers from being scorched on the grill, they may be loosely covered with aluminum foil.
Melt the butter either in a microwave oven or on the stovetop. Add the sugar, grated ginger, and rum, then brush the mixture over the pineapple.
Cook the wedges BBQ. When done, place the pineapple on a plate, pour the remaining mixture over the top and serve.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top