Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2013, 03:29 PM

Re: Agism and TV.

I doubt his age has much to do with his dismissal , more to do with his obnoxious behaviour on reality TV programmes I would think.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2013, 03:45 PM

I don't watch the racing but the man clearly knows his job, it's not as if he isn't capable.
Now, if it had been Bruce Forsyth - there's one past his sell by date
I think he is probably right agism and embarrassment at the sight and sound of him, maybe there were a lot more complaints.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2013, 03:48 PM

I've never watched a 'reality' programme, so had no idea he went on them.
That bad was he?
He's got a nerve asking for £3 million
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2013, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Say what ya mean Joe - dont hold back !
Not one for holding back with your words are you
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2013, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Jean ->
Not one for holding back with your words are you
No ......
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2013, 03:57 PM

Maybe the truth is that people just don't like to see wrinkly faces on the screen at all, especially now with HD where every spot blemish and wrinkle shows up crystal clear.
I thought Brucie had the sense to take a hint and take a hike, but there he was the other night, bold as brass strutting around the place and cracking his even wrinkler jokes, I cannot bear the sight of him.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2013, 04:03 PM

Ah Jem - that has to be a minority view - I hope .....
Who cares about wrinkles, if a person is talented thats good enough .....
As for John, he may do his job well, but people are not keen to see him in other settings, fair enough - hes not 'that' good
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2013, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Ah Jem - that has to be a minority view - I hope .....
Who cares about wrinkles, if a person is talented thats good enough .....
As for John, he may do his job well, but people are not keen to see him in other settings, fair enough - hes not 'that' good
I'm sure Bruce is loved by many but I never liked him, I'm told that as a baby I used to bawl and throw my rattle out of the pram when he'd come on the radio.
Markey
Kent, UK
Markey is female  Markey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2013, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I thought Brucie had the sense to take a hint and take a hike, but there he was the other night, bold as brass strutting around the place and cracking his even wrinkler jokes, I cannot bear the sight of him.
Ditto.
I find myself cringing with embarrassment when he's on screen.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

30-09-2013, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I'm sure Bruce is loved by many but I never liked him, I'm told that as a baby I used to bawl and throw my rattle out of the pram when he'd come on the radio.

As long as he doesn't sing and dance, he's fine with me, he actually makes me LOL - maybe I just wanna be happy
Honestly tho' I wouln't watch a 'one man show !'

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top