Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2013, 04:39 PM

? Sir David Beckham ?

Oh puleeze!!!!!
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2013, 04:44 PM

Re: ? Sir David Beckham ?

Heaven forbid!
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2013, 04:46 PM

He's a nice enough lad isn't he, but there's not a lot there though.
He's done very well considering though and I don't knock that - you do the best you can with what you have, so for that reason alone then Yes, he's a role model - but a Sir?!!
Naaah! stevmk2
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2013, 04:48 PM

I can just imagine his awful wife's response .. she won't be able to wait...
Lady Victoria, no thank you...
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2013, 04:53 PM

And about time too. David Beckham would have been a wonderful role model for young boys had he not been treated so badly by Ferguson and the press.

For the record:

As fas as I'm aware, he holds the most caps and sportspeople have been awarded knighthoods for much less. He has 115 caps - 58 of which he captained the game. That's pretty outstanding in that sport and worth being recognised.

The charity work of the Beckhams is reputedly unrivalled (excluding charitable organsiations) and rarely publicised. However, before retiring earlier this year, he donated his entire £3.5million pay packet from Paris Saint-Germain to a children’s charity in the French capital. How many others have you heard of that donate that level of their equally massive incomes?

No wonder the pair of them cleared off and left Britain - what exactly is that you feel makes him unworthy when compared to others who get the same award?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2013, 05:02 PM

Who cares - is my response ....
It means absolutley nothing judging by the people that 'have' got it ...
Sick of the sight of the pair of them and I dont mean what he likes to flash either !
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2013, 05:05 PM

I rarely see him on tv nowadays so I don't get the chance to get sick of the sight of him or her. Not sure where you are seeing him so much.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2013, 05:17 PM

Well you have to admit that he does make a great role model. Surely to catapult him further in to the limelight will pay dividends. Lets face it our lives are ruled by trivia but at least this bit should help kids form a more suitable idea of how to behave in adulthood. I mean what if they decided to make a sir out of Gazza ?
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

10-11-2013, 05:22 PM

Quite right Mark - he does so much to promote youth sport. Strange how every country he has played for has loved him; except Britain. Says it all really.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2013, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Quite right Mark - he does so much to promote youth sport. Strange how every country he has played for has loved him; except Britain. Says it all really.
Has he got a load of doggies? If not he should get some as he will be well received then for sure. You know say half a dozen staffs and a few alsations. I mean he can afford em surely. Makes sense to me .

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top