Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 05:13 PM

Re: Warning!

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Well done, Nat West, my new card just arrived!

That's good, Tabs.
So glad you are sorted again. What a horrid worry though.

These thieving swines make your blood boil, don't they.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Sorry, Realist, I have to disagree.
Sorry ST I have to disagree.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 08:47 PM

Sorry to hear that Tabby, I've been using internet banking for a number of years and never had a problem. Do the bank know how the breach occurred? And Was your card cloned?
It happened to my daughter when she paid for a meal in a restaurant, the card was out of her sight for just a few moments and they use a machine to skim the card and take it's details.

Someone tried to fill their car up with petrol in Basingstoke the next day and the bank declined the card because she had just purchased something in Doncaster only an hour before.....

I'm glad it's been resolved with no loss to you Tabby....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 06:45 AM

Hi Foxy - yes - my fraud was also done with a 'skimmer'. Have to say I am impressed with NatWest. They were quick to realise something was wrong, the staff in the bank were very helpful and concerned enough to bring me a cup of tea, the fraud team were very supportive, the new debit card arrived 1st class mail, the missing money was returned within 12 hours, and yesterday I received a letter from them apologising for any distress/embarrassment the fraud may caused.

It is good to know someone actually respects their customers.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2019, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

In terms of bank accounts and NatWest do what I do.

Open up a savings account, can't remember the name of it but it's just a bank account which has no bank cards and you NEVER EVER use it for online purchases. You dump all you money in there and regularly just transfer money from it to your ordinary current account. Enough for all your regular debits and spending needs. That way if your bank cards or current account details are compromised they can only steal the small amount in your current account. The rest stays safe in your savings account.
Definitely this .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 12:59 PM

Last week, my daughter had two amounts, totalling 190 dollars, paid out by PayPal to Uber. It seems her Uber account was hacked.
PayPal refunded the money.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2019, 06:10 PM

My bank account has just been hacked .
I do do online banking but never save my details .
Someone treated themselves to a Netflix subscription and a takeaway at my expense .
I was 50 minutes waiting for the fraud department who told me they had a huge amount of calls.
However they dealt with it promptly and a new card is being sent to me .
Their advice was never to use public wifi .
I do use it but never to do banking .
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2019, 06:01 AM

I am glad they sorted it out quickly for you, Muddy.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2019, 10:47 AM

So I am I can tell you !
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

01-06-2019, 03:22 PM

It is such a nasty feeling when it happens. A bit like having a burglar rummage through your knicker drawer.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top