Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 11:33 PM

Re: Can exercise reverse the aging process?

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Great share, and good comments here.

I generally find that my quality of life seems to be better than many my age. I'm fortunate to still be surfing, running, backpacking, ascending mountains, and working in very high altitudes that many of my peers have abandoned because they claim to be - too old. I tend to think they could do these things if they just conditioned into them, but they have made a mental decision to let go because they blame their numerical age.

In essence, I live longer, I have gained not more years at the end, but more and better years right here in the middle.
I think you are amazing SM !
I once tried surfing and couldn't even haul myself on the board and that was many decades ago !
You are superwoman !
I still ride though and surprise myself .
Must be muscle memory that that I don't have when looking for my keys !
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 11:39 PM

Just seen this didn't know where to put it -perhaps it should have gone in the 80 year model thread .

Surfermom
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I think you are amazing SM !
I once tried surfing and couldn't even haul myself on the board and that was many decades ago !
You are superwoman !
I still ride though and surprise myself .
Must be muscle memory that that I don't have when looking for my keys !
I can sure commiserate about learning to surf. I was a disaster, but I have a stubborn streak, so I flailed around like a drowning moose until I finally got it (somewhat) right .

As for the keys, when you figure that out, let me know. The connection between my brain and hands - with anything of value in them - was lost years ago .
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 10:59 AM

I am speechless at Ernestine Sheppard and how amazing she is! I had never heard of her before but she really and truly is an inspiration and a role-model.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top