Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 01:33 PM

Re: Does anyone seriously believe Huawei pose a threat to USA security?

Well, fancy that ...

https://news.sky.com/story/ee-stops-...twork-11726072
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 10:28 AM

The Trump style of international diplomacy is to do as he says or be kicked very hard where it hurts most. China has not met his demands with the trade deal he wants so he has introduced swingeing tariffs with more to come. Parallel with =this, lo and behold!, Huawei, China's biggest electronic company and part owned by the Chinese government, is accused of espionage activity (all with confidential evidence, obviously) and its business is being hammered with a view to destroying it, I imagine. All this will be supported by the majority of countries as they will not want to fall foul of Trump, who is behaving as little more than a mobster or brigand.
I love my Huawei P20 Pro and equally liked my P10 before that. Sadly, as long as we have the Trump regime holding sway, it will probably be the last Huawei I will be able to have.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
The Trump style of international diplomacy is to do as he says or be kicked very hard where it hurts most. China has not met his demands with the trade deal he wants so he has introduced swingeing tariffs with more to come. Parallel with =this, lo and behold!, Huawei, China's biggest electronic company and part owned by the Chinese government, is accused of espionage activity (all with confidential evidence, obviously) and its business is being hammered with a view to destroying it, I imagine. All this will be supported by the majority of countries as they will not want to fall foul of Trump, who is behaving as little more than a mobster or brigand.
I love my Huawei P20 Pro and equally liked my P10 before that. Sadly, as long as we have the Trump regime holding sway, it will probably be the last Huawei I will be able to have.
I see also that ARM (the British silicon chip manufacturer) has also been `persuaded` not to deal with Huawei too. ARM supply the majority of chips for mobile phones and tablets so Huawei will be forced to design their own.

Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face, ARM will lose a lot of revenue by not supplying their chips to Huawei.

On another note in Trump's anti-China campaign, I see they (the Chinese) are now being accused of dumping CFC's (the ozone damaging chemicals) into the atmosphere. Is this a fact or just another attempt to blacken China's name.

Now...... back to topic.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I see also that ARM (the British silicon chip manufacturer) has also been `persuaded` not to deal with Huawei too. ARM supply the majority of chips for mobile phones and tablets so Huawei will be forced to design their own.

Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face, ARM will lose a lot of revenue by not supplying their chips to Huawei.

On another note in Trump's anti-China campaign, I see they (the Chinese) are now being accused of dumping CFC's (the ozone damaging chemicals) into the atmosphere. Is this a fact or just another attempt to blacken China's name.

Now...... back to topic.
China continued to manufacture and use them long after everyone else phased them out.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Reality1 ->
When you consider Facebook, Google, Apple, Microsoft etc are openly logging everything we read, write, photo, listen to and move to.
I find it absolutely ridiculous that USA are warning us that Huawei hardware to support a much needed 5G transport layer in the UK is a USA security concern.

Do our or their security services have to use 5G anyway?

I think a far simpler explanation is that the USA have nothing better to compete with Huawei and are now losing the tech race to China. Oh dear!
We should all fear China.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
We should all fear China.
Hi

Why?
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Why?
Because the only things they won't eat that has legs is a table & chairs........
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 06:11 PM

The only reason America have imposed restrictions on the use of Hauwai equipment is to protect the American company Apple's interests - nothing whatsoever to do with a potential threat of spying.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Why?
China is getting ever more powerful by the week around the world. It's worrying how blind some of the leaders (and mug punters) seem to be to the increasing threat to us all.

The stronger they get the more nasty they will get.

Niall Ferguson when in Australia recently spoke about the danger of China to them specifically:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhI042aGYI4
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
China is getting ever more powerful by the week around the world. It's worrying how blind some of the leaders (and mug punters) seem to be to the increasing threat to us all.

The stronger they get the more nasty they will get.

Niall Ferguson when in Australia recently spoke about the danger of China to them specifically:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhI042aGYI4
Hi

Really?

The big problem to World Peace is the USA and Trump.

We do not need another War, we do not even have an Anti Ballistic Missile System any more.

Our Security Services are relaxed about China.

Yes they are spying on us, but so what?

Our GCHQ are well aware of that and their spyware and are seriously not bothered about it.

It works both ways.

It has gone on for decades, but the issue is now that 5 Eyes cannot trust Trump to keep his gob shut.

He is a danger to us.

Obama could keep his gob shut, that is how we found Osama Bin Laden and disposed of him.

Boris is also a danger, he cannot keep his gob shut.

Boris is an idiot who will cost us dearly.

He is however, infinitely better than Corbyn and Abbot, that really is the Terrorists Dream Team.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top