Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 08:08 PM

Re: Line Of Duty (Season 5)

I have to say I don't think this series is as good as past series. I'm hoping it will pick up by the end.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Last week my daughter told me to watch it.

So watched the first Episode on Iplayer.

Ten minutes later turned if off.

Same old Same old Rubbish

I was a bit disappointed with the first episode but have stuck with it and your daughter was right.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 04:06 AM

I'm enjoying it so far. It's a little slower in pace than previous series but there are some good twists in it.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 10:44 AM

What a shock! I didn’t see that one coming!

Did you notice the incorrect spelling of ‘definitely’, again? Is that going to figure when ‘H’ is exposed, or just a red herring?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 11:05 AM

Hi

I find it unrealistic, nothing like real life at all.

I thought the same about The Bodyguard.

Suspecting, then finding, then getting enough unassailable evidence to get a bent one takes months of boring tedium.

They know the system and are very clever at hiding things.

I absolutely detest them, if you cannot trust your Enforcement Officers, who can you trust?

Bent Politicians are much easier to deal with, they think that they are above the Law, the same with bent Judges.

The higher up they are, the less you hear about them.

Publicity is avoided, they just resign because of health and family issues.

The only ones you see prosecuted are those at the bottom of the pile.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 11:28 AM

It's one I can take or leave, but I did find the ones about the DCI Roz Huntly good. Not too sure about this new Series.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I find it unrealistic, nothing like real life at all.

I thought the same about The Bodyguard.

Suspecting, then finding, then getting enough unassailable evidence to get a bent one takes months of boring tedium.

They know the system and are very clever at hiding things.

I absolutely detest them, if you cannot trust your Enforcement Officers, who can you trust?

Bent Politicians are much easier to deal with, they think that they are above the Law, the same with bent Judges.

The higher up they are, the less you hear about them.

Publicity is avoided, they just resign because of health and family issues.

The only ones you see prosecuted are those at the bottom of the pile.
I'm sure it isn't anything like real life. It's like when they show someone repairing a leaking tap with a pair of stilsons under the sink.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

22-04-2019, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
What a shock! I didn’t see that one coming!

Did you notice the incorrect spelling of ‘definitely’, again? Is that going to figure when ‘H’ is exposed, or just a red herring?
I didn't notice the incorrect spelling (You little Miss Marple you). Yes, I suppose that will give the game away.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 12:10 PM

I picked up on that. Yes, that was a shocker, but true to the writer's form. Somebody had to go, lol.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

22-04-2019, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
It's one I can take or leave, but I did find the ones about the DCI Roz Huntly good. Not too sure about this new Series.
Apparently the last episode will be on for an hour and a half and will explain exactly what happened. Perhaps we could have just skipped to the last episode in that case.

I can also take or leave this series. With all the previous series, I couldn't wait for Sunday to see what happens but last night, my concentration was waning.

I'm glad the little Scouser bloke has gone though, bloody annoying.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top