Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 10:28 AM

Britain’s Got Talent

Did anyone watch it? I recorded it and watched it on fast forward!
I’m afraid, l wasn’t impressed. It seems so contrived, so put on and false.
Amanda Holden’s and Alesha Dixon’s cackling laugh were so annoying. Simon Cowell’s facial reactions didn’t ring true at all!
I wish they wouldn’t home in on the audience as that seems contrived and false too.

I did like the last act of the two ?Russian acrobats. How ever did they balance on top of each other, using two knives?

The majority of the show is so bad, you have to watch it!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 10:32 AM

Re: Britain’s Got Talent

I agree about Simon Cowell's facial expressions, but they all do the same as soon as the camera pans on them. I have seen that immediately, their faces change and they pose for the cameras.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed the show itself.
I much prefer it to all these singing contests, because there's a variety of acts.
With singing, I get so bored because they all do exactly the same, just different voices.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree about Simon Cowell's facial expressions, but they all do the same as soon as the camera pans on them. I have seen that immediately, their faces change and they pose for the cameras.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed the show itself.
I much prefer it to all these singing contests, because there's a variety of acts.
With singing, I get so bored because they all do exactly the same, just different voices.
Mups, l agree that at least there is variety in this show. I didn’t watched ‘The Voice’ or ‘The Greatest Dancer’. They didn’t appeal to me.

Britain’s Got Talent seems to target a certain audience who probably love all that false stuff and cackling!!
At least with the fast forward, l can cherry pick the acts, l like and avoid the chaff!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 11:13 AM

I thought BGT got was brilliant. I think the most amazing act was the brothers who balanced on the edge of a sword. They were incredible.

The show seems better than ever to me.

I do agree about Simons facial expressions though!!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I do agree about Simons facial expressions though!!
You mean he has more than one?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 12:52 PM

I didn't watch it (heaven forfend) but I must ask why a Russian acrobats were allowed to perform in Britain's Got Talent? Unless the British contingent were snowed under with dog and dancing acts and they needed a bit of variety?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

07-04-2019, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I didn't watch it (heaven forfend) but I must ask why a Russian acrobats were allowed to perform in Britain's Got Talent? Unless the British contingent were snowed under with dog and dancing acts and they needed a bit of variety?
Judd, I can never understand that but l’m sure Simon Cowell comes up with some excuse for allowing it.

The thing is, some of the foreign acts are so good, they put ‘our’ talent to shame!
Dave H
United Kingdom
Dave H is male  Dave H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 01:52 PM

What about the young girl singer? What a voice
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

07-04-2019, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Dave H ->
What about the young girl singer? What a voice
Yes, she wasn’t bad. Paul Potts did well in the past.

What about the ventriloquist? They’ve had a similar act like that on before. It’s old hat now.

The little schoolkids were good enough but why were the panelist’s crying about them?
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 02:23 PM

I used to like watching talent shows but programmes now are as much about the judges as the acts ..and all that audience hooting and hollering too. I just don't like the format and so don't watch them.

Bring back someone like Hughie Green and the Clapometer I say.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top