Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 05:55 PM

Re: Tusk - Hated by his own people

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
That is insufferably rude.

Maybe Ben didn't realise Solasch isn't a British citizen?
Maybe because he's new he doesn't know you can see a poster's country of origin?

Maybe at his age he deserves a little respect, after all he's lived through/witnessed a damn sight more history than the rest of us.
Well said Ruthio.....
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 05:58 PM

Maybe because he's new he doesn't know you can see a poster's country of origin?

Maybe at his age he deserves a little respect, after all he's lived through/witnessed a damn sight more history than the rest of us.
Totally agree Ruthio.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 06:05 PM

Great post Ruthio !
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 06:08 PM

Quite right. I am a recent newcomer to the forum I do not know where any of other posters live or have lived DURING THE SECOND WORLD WAR Most were not born till well after the war and have no idea what it was like to live under the Nazi heel. Maybe I 'don,t know my history' as suggested but I do know that if it were not for the RAF and the RAF alone Hitler,s hordes would have taken this country. What,s more who is this Solasch?
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
Quite right. I am a recent newcomer to the forum I do not know where any of other posters live or have lived DURING THE SECOND WORLD WAR Most were not born till well after the war and have no idea what it was like to live under the Nazi heel. Maybe I 'don,t know my history' as suggested but I do know that if it were not for the RAF and the RAF alone Hitler,s hordes would have taken this country. What,s more who is this Solasch?
EU stooge mate - don't take any notice of him........
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 06:23 PM

Hi

Great post Ruthio.

Said it all.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
What,s more who is this Solasch?
You were responding to my post, and I'm from the netherlands. We were liberated by the canadians and americans.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Very clever, editing my post to suit your own ambitions

I wrote : There are plenty more like him too, from other European countries that were under Communist or German occupation until relatively recently.

So let's see , should we ?

Latvia
Hungary
Croatia
Romania
Bulgaria
East Germany
Poland
Slovakia
Slovenia

All of them plus more until around about 1990 were under communist ruling parties. That's only 20 yrs ago.

No, I'm not 80 or even 70 . and the lady lives in England , she is Russian .. I am not European by birth I am English and I live in England.
Get over it !

Any of these countries occupied by germany my dear? That's the reason I edited your post.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You were responding to my post, and I'm from the netherlands. We were liberated by the canadians and americans.
I apologise, I did not know you were from the Netherlands. I was under the impression that you were referring to the liberation of Britain, the mainland of which was never occupied.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

07-05-2019, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
I think you'll find that the reason the right wing knob head didn't invade BRITAIN is because he invaded Russia instead.

He, like you, didn't know his history, did he?

Just more jingoistic claptrap.
Perhaps a few additions that may explain why donald tusk is not a fan of you british. In the second world war a lot of polish men fought side by side with the english. One of them was the grandfather of donald tusk.
As most on this forum will know, the poles were betrayed by montgomery in operation market garden. Many brave polish men were needlessly killed.

As to the battle of britain, polish fliers had an important role in that. There were two polish battalions (302 and 303). Somewhere I found these words of air officer commanding Hugh Dowding:

I must confess that I had been a little doubtful of the effect which their experience in their own countries and in France might have had upon the Polish and Czech pilots, but my doubts were laid to rest, because all three squadrons swung into the fight with a dash and enthusiasm which is beyond praise. They were inspired by a burning hatred for the Germans which made them very deadly opponents.[

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top