Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 01:44 PM

The Sheer Arrogance of Guy Verhofstadt in Full Colour Tonight.

May I please ask everyone to watch the programme “Brexit: Behind Closed Doors” showing on TV tonight. It’s a 2-part documentary, showing the “warts and all” of Verhofstadt and his team in a fly-on-the-wall documentary, and their disgusting words, actions and attitude towards Theresa May, the Tories in particular, the UK, and even mocking this country’s part played during WW2.

The programme is showing tonight on BBC4 at 9 pm.

I have to say, that looking at trailers of the documentary, and reading about it in the daily papers today, I sincerely hope people such as Annie, Solasche, Itsme and all the other remain posters on here that have so eagerly unfurled the EU flag on their behalf, This is the true EU, the one which 17.4 million voted to leave because of this exact behaviour. Please watch this programme. If ever a recruitment was so helpful in leaving this establishment, Verhofstadt must surely have helped waivering remainers make up their minds. This programme must surely be a front runner.

Below are two articles that should give you some insight to the sheer arrogance of this vile person and his team. Read on and judge for yourselves.

“Theresa May is labelled “insane” and “pathetic” by the EU’s chief Brexit negotiators in a fly-on-the-wall documentary.

Brexit: Behind Closed Doors also shows the European Parliament’s Brexit coordinating team - led by Belgium’s Guy Verhofstadt - swearing about the PM.

At one point Verhofstadt’s chief of staff, Guillaume McLaughlin rages: “What the f*** is wrong with her? That’s insane!”
Another voice says: “I don’t know, I haven’t spoken to her”.
McLaughlin continues: “That’s ridiculous. Pathetic, pathetic” It came after he was told a Brexit deal was off because Mrs May hadn’t cleared the details with DUP leader, Ariene Foster.

Separately, as he watches Mrs May give her Tory party conference speech, he yells at the screen. “Oh, f*** off”.

Edel Rettman-Crosse, Verhofstadt’s top aide, tells him: I’m most proud of you when you take on a Tory. He was a f***er, You should shoot the f***er out.”
She was speaking after a row over the Irish border question with MP Andrew Rosindell.
Belgian filmmaker Lode Desmet had exclusive access to Verhofstadt’s team for two years.
His two-part Storyville series starts on BBC4 at 9pm tonight.

It shows Mrs May arriving on stage at her conference jigging to Abba’s Dancing Queen.
Roberto GHualtieri - the Italian member of the European Parliament’s Brexit Steering Group - says: “When (Michel) Barnier (the EU’s chief negotiator) enters, we should play The Winner Takes It All. Verhofstadt adds: “That would be sexier”.
At another point, he sneers: “We can’t ask too much of Britain, Don’t overdo it”.

UNQUOTE

And here is what the Sun newspaper has to say about this arrogant prat.

No more repugnant figure struts the corridors of Brussels than the curtain-haired slimeball, Guy Verhofstadt.
Try as they might, even the drunk Juncker or the peacock Barnier cannot match the Belgian’s detestable blabber-mouthed arrogance.

And his top aide plainly shares his superiority complex. “I’m most proud of you when you take on a Tory and win.” coos Edel Rettman Crosse sycophantically to her ageing boss. “You should shoot the f***ers out”.
“That’s the game”, replies Verhofstadt, the European Parliament’s Brexit chief.

So it wasn’t just Britain they set out to humiliate. It was Tories specifically.

Indeed the new fly-on-the-wall EU documentary is a revealing portrait of the pompous, sneering, undemocratic bureaucrats 17.4 million of us voted to leave: mocking Brexit, our country, even our “war spirit”. That’s right, the war spirit that served us well as we helped to liberate Europe from Nazi tyranny.

But for an insight into Verhofstadt’s blinkered stupidity look no further than a remark he made only yesterday.
Turkey, he said, was “drifting towards dictatorship” as it's president orders the re-run of an election he lost.
Precisely as Brussels does with its own defeats and is desperate to do with Brexit.

UNQUOTE.

Well, what a recruitment to Leave Star Mr Verhofstadt is. Thank you. Looking forward to this anti-EU inspired programme very much.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 01:48 PM

Re: The Sheer Arrogance of Guy Verhofstadt in Full Colour Tonight.

I saw a clip in the Express today SG. The arrogance and nastiness of these bastards is beyond belief. And to think we give them 10 billion a year ???

I've got my popcorn and beer ready.

Spoiler alert !

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/11...customs-latest
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 01:55 PM

I'm surprised that the Remain supporting BBC are actually showing this.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I'm surprised that the Remain supporting BBC are actually showing this.
I don't think they realise ...
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

08-05-2019, 02:04 PM

This will be an hour a day, over 2 days with Nigel Farage watching those £25 membership donations come flying in like nothing ever seen before.

Roll on May 23rd.... my voting slip came in today through the post.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
This will be an hour a day, over 2 days with Nigel Farage watching those £25 membership donations come flying in like nothing ever seen before.

Roll on May 23rd.... my voting slip came in today through the post.
There was some berk (to put it mildly) on a BBC HYS this morning that was contrasting the Brexit Party and Change Party's funding. It was stated in the accompanying report that the Brexit Party had garnered £Millions from financial donations from £25 - £25000. This idiot was trying to belittle the BP's achievement by saying that he wasn't surprised that they'd raised so much at £25k per donation intimating that the membership wasn't all that great.

Needless to say, I put him right.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 02:21 PM

Hi

I will not be watching it, I can't stand the man
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I will not be watching it, I can't stand the man
Me neither, we only receive bbc 1 and 2.
As to the quoted references about may and others, I've read worse on this forum regarding may and these others, uttered by leavers. So what's eating you? That people in the EU agree in your contempt of your negotiators?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Me neither, we only receive bbc 1 and 2.
As to the quoted references about may and others, I've read worse on this forum regarding may and these others, uttered by leavers. So what's eating you? That people in the EU agree in your contempt of your negotiators?
No Solasch, it is the fact that this prat is so arrogant, so confident that he and his cohorts are so unaccountable and untouchable, that even though they knew full well that every utterance, every action they were taking was being filmed for the world to see, they just couldn't help the true, ugly side of themselves coming to the fore.

We certainly do make our views known about Theresa May, the Tories, Labour and any one of many of our government known on this forum.But they are OUR government and that gives us full right to do so.

A little different when the Chief negotiating team for the EU show their bullying ways and certainly making themselves look the cheap, nasty, arrogant unaccountable elitist prats they are.

Unless the BBC (Brussels Broadcasting Corporation) find an excuse to pull the plug on this programme, The EU have shot themselves in the foot! At least everyone will see them in their true colours at last. I bet the BBC are kicking themselves for allowing this programme to go ahead.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

08-05-2019, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
There was some berk (to put it mildly) on a BBC HYS this morning that was contrasting the Brexit Party and Change Party's funding. It was stated in the accompanying report that the Brexit Party had garnered £Millions from financial donations from £25 - £25000. This idiot was trying to belittle the BP's achievement by saying that he wasn't surprised that they'd raised so much at £25k per donation intimating that the membership wasn't all that great.

Needless to say, I put him right.
Good for you Judd. I watched Nigel being interviewed by Piers Morgan and Susanne Reid on Good Morning Britain this morning. Piers was fine, Susanne Reid was dripping with venom towards him. Her first question. "Are you going to tell us who your major donor is that donated £100,000 to your party?" He soon put her in her place by informing her that the correct organisations have been fully informed of every single donation.

She makes me sick. Would she ask the Tory Party, Labour, Limpdems, Greens, SDP or other parties the same question?
She even tried her best to belittle him by associating him to UKIP and their policies. He was too clever though to be put in a corner by a self-loving interviewer such as she.

Good for Nigel. They will continue to crawl out of the woodwork to try to damage him.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top