Join for free
Reply
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
swimfeeders is offline
Shropshire
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 17,270
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
10-05-2019, 05:23 PM
21

Re: Question Time Tonight

Hi

Just a personal view.

Our Politicians are so inept we have been sold down the line.

Leaving is going to cost us far more than it needed to.

Anyone who thinks we can make a success of Brexit with our current bunch in charge is living in La La Land.

It is going to hurt, really hurt.

It is more important than that however.

It is about Democracy, a promise that our vote would be respected.

If that does not happen we have lost all democracy, the basis of our Society.

We have to leave, if we do not we have lost all respect for the average person.
Reply With Quote
Donkeyman
Senior Member
Donkeyman is offline
Melton,United Kingdom
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 1,044
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
10-05-2019, 05:30 PM
22

Re: Question Time Tonight

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Just a personal view.

Our Politicians are so inept we have been sold down the line.

Leaving is going to cost us far more than it needed to.

Anyone who thinks we can make a success of Brexit with our current bunch in charge is living in La La Land.

It is going to hurt, really hurt.

It is more important than that however.

It is about Democracy, a promise that our vote would be respected.

If that does not happen we have lost all democracy, the basis of our Society.

We have to leave, if we do not we have lost all respect for the average person.
Did they ever have respect in the first place Swimmy?

Regards Donkeyman!
Reply With Quote
JBR's Avatar
JBR
Chatterbox
JBR is offline
Cheshire, UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 21,941
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
10-05-2019, 08:44 PM
23

Re: Question Time Tonight

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Just a personal view.

Our Politicians are so inept we have been sold down the line.

Leaving is going to cost us far more than it needed to.

Anyone who thinks we can make a success of Brexit with our current bunch in charge is living in La La Land.

It is going to hurt, really hurt.

It is more important than that however.

It is about Democracy, a promise that our vote would be respected.

If that does not happen we have lost all democracy, the basis of our Society.

We have to leave, if we do not we have lost all respect for the average person.
Democracy is of prime importance to me, and if we should lose money due to May's incompetence and arrogance, so be it.

As for the 39 billion I have mentioned elsewhere, I insist that if our vote is to be respected and democracy honoured, we should not pay the EU a cent.

As you have said, May let us down further by pleading for a transition period. That has been done, and we can't change it. Consequently, we must continue to pay our 'membership fees' for as long as we remain a member.

The proportion of the 39 billion accounted for by those fees have, therefore, been lost.

However, once we are out we should not pay them a penny more, whatever idiot May has promised them.

I am not alone with my assertions. There are some in authority who agree that we should not pay their demands.

Furthermore, when it comes to money owing, we have invested heavily in the EU in the form of infrastructure, scientific research, etc. Where are our demands for what we have lost and which the EU will have the pleasure of retaining after we have left?

What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.
Reply With Quote
Puddle Duck's Avatar
Puddle Duck
Senior Member
Puddle Duck is offline
Cheshire. UK
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 3,563
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
10-05-2019, 10:05 PM
24

Re: Question Time Tonight

Anna Soubry's 'Tweet' 26/01/2017

Reply With Quote
Solasch
Senior Member
Solasch is offline
Netherlands
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 2,521
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
10-05-2019, 10:42 PM
25

Re: Question Time Tonight

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Anna Soubry's 'Tweet' G]
The result was delivered by invoking article 50. Every next step is up for a democratic vote. That the UK parliament can't cooperate and compromise is rather an obstacle for a democratic country.
Reply With Quote
JBR's Avatar
JBR
Chatterbox
JBR is offline
Cheshire, UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 21,941
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
10-05-2019, 10:46 PM
26

Re: Question Time Tonight

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Anna Soubry's 'Tweet' 26/01/2017

She's changed her tune then!

In fact, she's gone completely the opposite way.
Reply With Quote
Bread's Avatar
Bread
Senior Member
Bread is offline
United Kingdom
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 2,103
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
10-05-2019, 11:00 PM
27

Re: Question Time Tonight

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Democracy is of prime importance to me, and if we should lose money due to May's incompetence and arrogance, so be it.

As for the 39 billion I have mentioned elsewhere, I insist that if our vote is to be respected and democracy honoured, we should not pay the EU a cent.

As you have said, May let us down further by pleading for a transition period. That has been done, and we can't change it. Consequently, we must continue to pay our 'membership fees' for as long as we remain a member.

The proportion of the 39 billion accounted for by those fees have, therefore, been lost.

However, once we are out we should not pay them a penny more, whatever idiot May has promised them.

I am not alone with my assertions. There are some in authority who agree that we should not pay their demands.

Furthermore, when it comes to money owing, we have invested heavily in the EU in the form of infrastructure, scientific research, etc. Where are our demands for what we have lost and which the EU will have the pleasure of retaining after we have left?

What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.


Great post JBR !
Reply With Quote
realspeed
Chatterbox
realspeed is offline
east sussex
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 8,425
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
10-05-2019, 11:37 PM
28

Re: Question Time Tonight

Remember before we joined the EU, we did ok back then, we can get back to that again
Reply With Quote
Banchory
Senior Member
Banchory is offline
Kent
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 556
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
11-05-2019, 06:09 AM
29

Re: Question Time Tonight

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Remember before we joined the EU, we did ok back then, we can get back to that again
Where did you get that notion from. Before joining the EU or EEC as it was then the UK was going down the pan.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4553464.stm

As a member of the E.U. the UK has prospered

https://www.inet.ox.ac.uk/news/Brexit
Reply With Quote
itsme
Senior Member
itsme is offline
Wigan UK
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 973
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
11-05-2019, 10:50 AM
30

Re: Question Time Tonight

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Remember before we joined the EU, we did ok back then, we can get back to that again

Sorry, can't remember 45 years ago (have to bow to you oldies for that) but didn't we at some time vote to stay in the union by 67% to 33%?
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.