Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2019, 10:06 PM

Re: A lesson from history

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
And there's the other half.
Better half a couple then a half wit.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2019, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Some alternative books people might like to look into:

The EU:The Truth About the Fourth Reich How Adolf Hitler won the Second World

BBC: Brainwashing Britain?: How and why the BBC controls your mind

The Great Deception: Can the European Union survive?

Can you upload the digital versions for us?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2019, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Some alternative books people might like to look into:

The EU:The Truth About the Fourth Reich How Adolf Hitler won the Second World

BBC: Brainwashing Britain?: How and why the BBC controls your mind

The Great Deception: Can the European Union survive?

I've read the great deception twice. It's a brilliant read

Another brilliant book is "The Rotten Heart of Europe" by Bernard Collins.

Its about the collapse of the Euro
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2019, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I've read the great deception twice. It's a brilliant read
That would be the book where “Princeton University's Andrew Moravcsik, whose research is heavily cited in the book, has accused the authors of "misconstruing" his work as supporting their narrative and failing to demonstrate that there were any viable alternatives to European Union membership, with Booker and North's economics being "even dodgier than their history". He further argues that their "Eurosceptic dogma" of an ""undemocratic" scheme of centralised regulation" is undermined by their own examples; that it is largely "British officials exercising their own discretion" and juggling the fate of special interest groups against the wider economy”

Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2019, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
That would be the book where “Princeton University's Andrew Moravcsik, whose research is heavily cited in the book, has accused the authors of "misconstruing" his work as supporting their narrative and failing to demonstrate that there were any viable alternatives to European Union membership, with Booker and North's economics being "even dodgier than their history". He further argues that their "Eurosceptic dogma" of an ""undemocratic" scheme of centralised regulation" is undermined by their own examples; that it is largely "British officials exercising their own discretion" and juggling the fate of special interest groups against the wider economy”

Looks like he hates the EU more than I do

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/revie...roika-and-euro

From what I can gather he is a book critic and a professor that lives in the USA.

I've never heard of him ... but it seems you will believe anyone that says the EU is a good thing without even questioning it.

It's quite bizarre

Same with your mate who thinks it was good that George Soros could make money our of the thousands of families who lost their homes and businesses and jobs on black Wednesday

You even want the Euro ... not even the countries in the Eurozone want that.

It really is quite bizarre.

Do you want open borders as well ?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

11-05-2019, 10:18 AM

I just checked...

There are 2 references from Dr Andrew Miravcsic. Both I have photographed and included in this post (see attachments)

If you look at the bottom of the page that I have photographed you can clearly see the reference to the sections those quotes including page number have been taken.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190511_101616.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	9559   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190511_101425.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	9560  
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

11-05-2019, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->

The great deception is a deception in itself, but read it as fiction and you have a pleasurable evening. I hardly could stop laughing.

Here you can find the pdf-version:
https://thereferist.wordpress.com/downloads/

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top