Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2019, 05:48 PM

Re: Food for the Gods...

Originally Posted by Realist ->
God damn it OGF !!!!!

Can you not create these type of threads please.

Wagon wheels are bad for you. Full of sugar, in fact 3 teaspoonfuls in each wheel plus all the saturated fats !

I mean there's absolutely no nutrition in them at all !

They're bad, really bad . . . . .

and yet I've still just had to buy a packet when I saw them today in the supermarket !!!! All because you created this thread !

I'm so fickle. But they are yummy.

Definitely smaller than I remember them though

Still I can eat 2 to make up for it !
Realist, I know there is little nutrition in them, but the sugar will boost your energy levels. Look what they did for OGF, he can run miles and he still has lovely legs!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2019, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Realist, I know there is little nutrition in them, but the sugar will boost your energy levels. Look what they did for OGF, he can run miles and he still has lovely legs!
And they make your hands grow bigger according to Burton's.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2019, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
God damn it OGF !!!!!

Can you not create these type of threads please.

Wagon wheels are bad for you. Full of sugar, in fact 3 teaspoonfuls in each wheel plus all the saturated fats !

I mean there's absolutely no nutrition in them at all !

They're bad, really bad . . . . .

and yet I've still just had to buy a packet when I saw them today in the supermarket !!!! All because you created this thread !

I'm so fickle. But they are yummy.

Definitely smaller than I remember them though

Still I can eat 2 to make up for it !
Resistance is futile Realist.....
I visit Tesco with the best of intentions, I peruse the fruit and veg isles, select some Quorn mince from the cold cabinet, some soya milk and make my way to the tills.....

But Tesco in their wisdom have deliberately placed obstacles in my way.
I have two choices, I can either pass down the crisp isle, or the biscuit isle...
I choose the biscuit isle, and after almost making my escape I notice the the yellow discount sticker.....

I zoom in for a closer look and it refers to the Wagon Wheels.....Six for a quid....A little over sixteen pence each.....They mysteriously find their way into my basket...

I feel your pain Realist.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2019, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Haha, they make up for my 'Rugged' looks Twink....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2019, 08:14 PM

I was also turned on by the thought of a pack of wagon wheels last night so popped round to the local garage to get some but ended up with Tunnocks Tea cakes instead. I'm not sure which is best now.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

16-05-2019, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I had a colleague who lived at Kirk sandall
Yes Primus, Kirk Sandall is the next village, although with all the house building that's been going on around here you can't tell where Kirk Sandall ends and Barnby Dun begins....

The council put up a shiny new bronze sign, but the pikeys have weighed it in....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

16-05-2019, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I was also turned on by the thought of a pack of wagon wheels last night so popped round to the local garage to get some but ended up with Tunnocks Tea cakes instead. I'm not sure which is best now.
No No No No No No No No No No Longdogs....One bite and they're gone. I'm down to my last Wagon Wheel at close of play tonight, but despite rumours of shrinkage, I still think they are 'pound for pound' better value and more wholesome than any other biscuit....

As recommended by Realist......

Anyway, size doesn't always matter, if it did Mrs Fox would never have married me!.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

29-05-2019, 04:09 PM

Who says Wagon Wheels have got smaller...?
Look at the size of this jammy one......Yum Yum!

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

29-05-2019, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Who says Wagon Wheels have got smaller...?
Look at the size of this jammy one......Yum Yum!

Blimey! That's a big one Foxy. I reckon you should share that.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
The passable version is no good Judd, it has to be the one and only true Magnum

I'm such a Magnum expert now, I can tell a fake with the first bite!

You should try the Morrison's own brand, they're actually nicer than the Magnum version and only 3 for £1.

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top