Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2019, 01:34 AM

Re: Years and Years

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Omah, is this relevant whatsoever to Emma Thompson's role in this drama?
Are you a moderator?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2019, 01:35 AM

Why all the dissing of Emma Thompson. Who can deny that she is one of Britain's finest actresses?
Me .....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2019, 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Are you a moderator?
I asked a question to you relevant to the thread topic.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

18-05-2019, 01:37 AM

I asked a question to you relevant to the thread topic.
Are you in charge?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2019, 06:11 AM

I watched the 1st episode after the recommendation here and I enjoyed it. I've seen the trailer for episode two and I'm a bit worried it might get a bit too far fetched.....hope it doesn't I love off the wall stuff like this.

Not sure about Emma's Yorkshire accent but I can forgive that...looking forward to episode 2.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2019, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I watched the 1st episode after the recommendation here and I enjoyed it. I've seen the trailer for episode two and I'm a bit worried it might get a bit too far fetched.....hope it doesn't I love off the wall stuff like this.

Not sure about Emma's Yorkshire accent but I can forgive that...looking forward to episode 2.
Same here, Summer. And being transhuman probably isn't too many years further away than we may think. Scary times indeed.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2019, 08:02 AM

Same here, Summer. And being transhuman probably isn't too many years further away than we may think. Scary times indeed.
Had anyone heard of the term 'transhuman' before they watched the episode?

I hadn't, but on Gogglebox last night, one of the Gogglers told his wife what it meant. I was surprised, as I assumed it had been made up for the drama.

(Otherwise I'd have assumed it meant wanting to be an animal).
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I might have given "Years and Years" a go because Jessica Hynes (Stevenson) is in it but then I saw the name "Emma Thompson" so I had to give it a miss .....
That's exactly how I feel about this programme. It looked good from watching the trailer but as soon as I saw Thompson in it, I decided not to watch. I just think of her in her stupid pink boat stunt in London and wonder if the whole thing was just publicity for this programme. Well it didn't work on me that's for sure.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That's exactly how I feel about this programme. It looked good from watching the trailer but as soon as I saw Thompson in it, I decided not to watch. I just think of her in her stupid pink boat stunt in London and wonder if the whole thing was just publicity for this programme. Well it didn't work on me that's for sure.
Emma Thompson wasn't in it very much, and when she was, she was 'on television' ifswim.

Obviously, she might be in it more in other episodes, but the plot in the first one wasn't centred around her.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 06:15 PM

Deleted.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top