Join for free
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2019, 05:44 PM

Strawberry & Cream Brioche Rolls

Hi everyone, had 8 relatives coming over to visit this afternoon on a whim! Plenty of bread and fillings for sandwiches, but apart from a full biscuit tin, nothing to go with a cuppa, sooo, fell back on one of HWMO's favourites. Had three packs of 4 x Brioche hot dog buns in the freezer from when they were on special offer at Tesco. Defrosted them this morning and they went down a treat with the family, everyone loved them. I didn't actually have any strawberries to hand, but luckily I already had strawberry jam in a squeezy bottle in the cupboard so used that with the fresh whipped cream.

The best way to describe them when they were finished is that they look absolutely identical to fresh cream doughnuts with the squiggle of jam on top of the fresh cream and dredged gently with icing sugar.

I'm not going to buy fresh cream cakes any more. Brioche rolls are so cheap (at the moment until they realise everyone is using them for this purpose!!) they are so sweet they are perfect.

I looked on youtube to see if there was a recipe but this was the only one I could find that is anything like mine.
Do have a go, you will love them, I promise. All 12 of them were quickly demolished!. ENJOY!.

[IMG]
[/IMG]
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2019, 06:24 PM

Re: Strawberry & Cream Brioche Rolls

Hi

They look delicious Shroppie.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2019, 08:04 PM

Yum! I feel hungry now.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2019, 10:16 PM

Mmmm .... they look delicious SG

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top