Join for free
Page 12 of 17 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 09:19 AM

Re: Brexit or UKIP

All I asked was “Should I vote for BREXIT or UKIP.” Well the answer is now clear to me, thank you all.
I honestly did not want to start WW3 on here. But a good discussion it turned out to be.
Politics. What more could I expect.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
All I asked was “Should I vote for BREXIT or UKIP.” Well the answer is now clear to me, thank you all.
I honestly did not want to start WW3 on here. But a good discussion it turned out to be.
Politics. What more could I expect.
When it comes to a vote Emjay, vote the way you want to and don't be persuaded otherwise.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
When it comes to a vote Emjay, vote the way you want to and don't be persuaded otherwise.
Yes that is obvious, but now I understand it is not who gets the most votes, but it confuses me how it works. Something like they split the highest votes and..... this it where I got lost.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 11:15 AM

Yes that is obvious, but now I understand it is not who gets the most votes, but it confuses me how it works. Something like they split the highest votes and..... this it where I got lost.
It is just a calculation method to solve the problems from the rounding off of seats.
Just vote for the party that you feel affinity with. The persons elected in the EU parliament don't represent constituencies or even countries. In the EU parliament every mep joins up with an international faction. If I remember correctly, in the present parliament members from UK conservatives joined up with two different factions.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 11:37 AM

The EU election vote Emjay, imo, is of no relevance to
leave voters, but should be used simply as a means of
demonstrating support for the party that has stated its
intention to exit the EU! with a view to taking part in any
future uk general election! which imo is the only way to get
the referendum result honoured!

Best Regards Donkeyman!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
The EU election vote Emjay, imo, is of no relevance to
leave voters, but should be used simply as a means of
demonstrating support for the party that has stated its
intention to exit the EU! with a view to taking part in any
future uk general election! which imo is the only way to get
the referendum result honoured!

Best Regards Donkeyman!
Let's hope that by GE time in 2022 you have left the EU Or in any case, settled this brexit business.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 12:58 PM

I was wondering how many conservative party members will vote Brexit Party but still retain the conservative membership ?

I bet that number is very high.

Come the election of the new PM, I can see a lot of conservatives voting for a complete bell end like Amber Rudd to confirm the remain bias of the party. In a general election this would remove them from the runnings against the Brexit Party and split the remain vote between them, the Greens, Lib Dems, Labour and Change UK even further.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I was wondering how many conservative party members will vote Brexit Party but still retain the conservative membership ?

I bet that number is very high.
It is certainly possible.

Polling is private even for MPs, and they are therefore free to vote for whoever they want without having the worry of retributions coming down from the PM or their party leader.

I certainly hope as many as possible will vote for the BP.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 01:37 PM

Nigel Farrage all the way, no confidence in any of the others to deliver what the majority of this country voted for.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

22-05-2019, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Same thing innit? Brexit party is UKIP in disguise wethinks
Well check for your self. Here is a list of mep's from UK presently sitting in europarliament. A number show their affiliation as Brexit party.
I see none of Ukip. So are Ukippers calling themselves brexit party?

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/meps/e...=&bodyType=ALL

Edit: yes, googled the first in the list:
Timür Mark "Tim" Aker is a British politician and a Brexit Party Member of the European Parliament for the East of England region. He was elected as a UK Independence Party candidate in 2014.

Born:*May 23, 1985 (age 33*years),*Orsett, United Kingdom

Page 12 of 17 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top